CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 08-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
Nicholas Richard Engen

Profile:
I started off today like I normally would, riding bike at a moderate pace for five minutes then doing some stretching and finally doing some back squats with just the bar. Everything felt fine when I was doing the back squats until I racked the bar and stood up and walked away. I put my hands up over my head to stretch a little more and felt a sharp pain in the upper or I guess middle part of my back right below my left shoulder blade. I decided to finish out my squats for the day anyway it was just a light day all I had on there was 165 and it didn’t hurt at all during the squats( I would almost say it felt better) only when I would stand up again. It’s like 3 hours later and it still hurts. I have no idea what I did and am wondering if anyone else knows or has experienced the same thing.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:00 AM   #2
Frank M Needham

Profile:
The back is a strange piece of equipment. Just about anything done in the slightest deviation from "normal" can put you down. I once had an experience as you describe but only in the sense that I couldn't understand why the pain started coz all I did was bend over to get something out of the back of the dishwasher!? It went away in a couple days of course but WTH? How can a back be pulled out by such a thing...Observation: It seems to me that, generally, in the case of back pains not involving some kind of trauma, the pain usually resolves and you go on about your business in a relatively short amount of time.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
Jerimiah Childress

Profile:
Could be a number of things, but probably not directly related to the squats. Frank is right that most likely it will resolve itself, but if it persists get it checked out to see if some professional help can resolve it.