CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-03-2011, 03:47 AM   #11
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:
Re: Anders' log

Was really sore yesterday due to Thursday’s training. Nevertheless I decided to visit the new Open Gym at Crossfit Copenhagen’s Trykkeriet.

I did an extensive dynamic warm including playing around in the awesome monkey bar system they’ve got at Trykkeriet..

After lots of overhead squats just using the 20kg barbell, I started my work sets:
Overhead squats: 5-5-5-5-5-5 @ 55-56-57-58-59-60kg (from 121lbs to 132lbs)
Reverse hypers: 10-10-10-10-10-10 @ 15kg/33lbs (across)
Behind the nech push press: 1-1-1 @ 60-65-70kg (132kg to 154lbs)
Behind the neck split jerk: 1-1-1 @ 70-75-80kg (154lbs to 176lbs)

I think my previous OHS 5RM was 55kg, so very satisfying to lift the 60kgs with ease. I could have gotten higher but decided to play it safe.
I have only tried the reverse hyper once or twice so just played around a bit. At the relatively low weight I used, it really loosened up the lower back.
The push presses and jerks were heavy but not near max.

/Anders

Last edited by Anders Alkaersig; 09-03-2011 at 03:48 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 09-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #12
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Caught up with my buddy, Kræn last night. We’d both had a long day of studying so we were ready for some serious training.

After warming up we did:
Back squats 10-8-6-4-2 reps @ 60-70-80-90-100kgs (from 132lbs to 220lbs)
Ring push-ups 5x10

It’s been a while since the last time I did back squats. A month or so. To be honest all of the sets were pretty easy and I guess I underestimated myself there.
The push-ups in the rings are always fun (and hard). The last set was a grinder but both Kræn and I left something in the tank for the following metcon.

We did the main site wod from a couple of days ago:
15-12-9-6-3 reps of
Power clean/60kg
Burpees

I finished in 8mins 34secs, while Kræn finished at around 7mins 50secs. This was a tough one!
I’m satisfied with my time, but even more so with my burpees. I’ve always had a hard time stringing them together at a decent pace. But yesterday I managed to be consistent without falling completely apart. Cool.

Afterwards Kræn and I shared a few tomatoes, a few asparagus, 850grams (30oz) duck breast, and 1 ½ bottle of delicious Corvina red whine.

Today at noon I attended an Olympic weightlifting session at the WL-club IK99 (house of the best Danish weightlifters)
It was my first time ever with a coach in the Olympic lifts. Very very cool.
I spend to hours doing OHS, snatch balance, high hang snatches, knee high snathes, high cleans, knee high cleans, push presses, and split jerks.
The weights never exceeded 40kg/88lbs but due to the high number of repetitions it ended being an extremely taxing session.

/Anders
Old 09-07-2011, 01:22 AM   #13
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Monday’s training consisted of 90mins of football practise. Fun as always.

Yesterday I played a football match. So it basically was a rest day. Today will have a lot of volume. More about that later.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #14
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Yesterday afternoon, I met up with 3 friends – Jonas, Kræn, and Erika.

Deadlift 7-7-7 @ 100-110-110kg (from 220-243lbs)

The grip was the limiting factor in the deads. The gym at Egmont College has very fat and slippery barbells. “Fun” combination. Had I been using a normal barbell, I think 120kg would be plausible.

Between the sets of deads, we played around with heavy KBswings. I used the 32kg (71lbs). In the first two sets, I did 10 Russian swings. In the 3rd set I did 10 Russian and immediately 10 American.
It wasn’t too hard, but I plan on using 32kg swing more often in strength training, thereby making the 24kgs feel easier in the metcons.

We finished off with a metcon from CFNE:
The Sensation”
6 Rounds of:
Every 3 minutes complete the following as fast as possible:
12 Pull ups
12 Burpees
Each round should be done as fast as possible. Do not game – work on speed!

Pullups were done on a (horrible) fat bar.
First round was done in 55secs and last in approx. 1min 15secs. Horibble HORRIBLE workout. Felt pukie in every round but managed to hold it back.

Two hours after the workout, my arms still felt as if on the verge of exploding. Quite hard to cook dinner when feeling like that. I actually did (my version of) Nick Massie’s Sprouts’n’bacon dish from the Journal. Delish!
Old 09-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #15
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Yesterday’s training:

AM
An extensive warm up followed by

Shoulder press 4-3-2-1 reps @ 54-56-58-60kgs (119lbs-132lbs)
GHD situps 5x10
Back extensions 5x10

As cash out I finished with max reps of 30kg/66lbs shoulder press. I managed to get 31 ( the last I would count as push presses☺ ). Brutal.

PM
Met up with 3 friends for our first swim practice. Ever.
We did 90mins of swimming. Mostly crawl and skill developers for crawl. This was extremely taxing and far away from comfort zone. I’m a lousy swimmer and these Thursday sessions will be grinders – still, I think it is going be a blast!
The next time we will attend the training with matching (red) speedos and goggles. It is all in the appearance ☺

Have a good weekend

/Anders
Old 09-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #16
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Today: Rest day
Old 09-11-2011, 06:42 AM   #17
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Friday I took the train from Copenhagen to Jutland to attend a funeral.

Early Saturday morning I jogged to the local park, warmed up and did a metcon.
I always dread 20min AMRAPS – they tend to be boring. I don’t really mind going long, but long AMRAPS just often seems boring and uninteresting.
Therefore I designed a workout that took me through three different stages, thus making the whole experience more fun.
Still, quite sore arms from the swimming, so mostly chose lower body and core exercises.

20min AMRAP of :
3x
20 Atomic situps
Climb 230cm wall (approx. 75inches)
20 Air squats
Climb wall again

Then:
3 x
Run the three hills (Three very steep hills located 50meters from each other.)

Then:
3x
20 Box jumps (approx. 26 inches)
20 Atomic situps

Then:
3x
10 Pistols
10 Atomic situps

Then:
Run max distance until time runs out.

I managed to keep intensity high through the entire workout. I started my max distance run with about 2mins left and was able to run approx. 600min. My abs were screaming and the pistols made my run look rather funny initially.
Very satisfyingly I did all box jumps and pistol unbroken – the atomics no so much ☺
Old 09-12-2011, 07:13 AM   #18
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Good session today at Crossfit Copenhagen.

Did 30mins of stretching and dynamic drills.
Then:

Front squats 5-5-5-5-5-5 @ 70-75-80-85-90-95kg (154lbs-210lbs)
Ring push ups with 20lbs weight west 10-10-10-10-10

I only intended to do 5 sets, but the 5th set (90kg) felt easy and I had more left in the tank. The last set of 95kg was definitely hard and a grinder but I find huge satisfaction in doing 5 reps only 5kg under my 1RM

Rested about 15 mins and did:
8min AMRAP of
1 Clean&jerk @ 50 kg/110lbs
1 rope climb @ 5 meters/16feet
2 c/j
1 rope
3 c/j
1 rope
4 c/j

I completed 8 rounds and 7 c/j.

It is funny how you have to game these kinds of workouts. One of the descents from the rope was definitely fast Had my grip been 1% more fatigued I could have been severely hurt (think it was round 5 or 6). From that point and on I played it a bit safer.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #19
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Yesterday evening I met up with Kræn, Jonas, and Erika

I did a warm up inspired by the Jeff Tucker warm up video and continued to do:

Pull-ups 7-7-7 (Dead hang in rings)
Bulgarian Split squats 5-5-5 each leg @ 32kg/71lbs
Weighted pull-ups 1-1-1-1-1 @ 21-22,25-23,5fail-24-24kg (46-52lbs)

I rarely do weighted pull-ups, so this was a fun change. I was initially a bit disappointed with 24kg result. I’ve managed to get 25kg up before. But while checking my old PR-sheet I discovered that, I’ve gained 5kg BW since the last weighted pull-ups. So I guess it is a PR (a total of 108kg/238lbs)

Afterwards we did the CFNE workout “Enigma”.
6 x
12 SDHP (95lbs)
12 Push press (95lbs)

My time was 7mins 20secs immediately followed by 1min of static plank hold (because all the boys were crushed by Erika).

Tough workout! But very satisfied with my performance. I laid it all out there.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:07 AM   #20
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Yesterday’s training consisted of 90mins of football practice. Hard and rainy.

Today I will attend my second swim practice. Partly looking forward to it, and partly dreading the pain.

Afterwards me and 12 friends will celebrate the Danish Parliament/Prime Minister election with roast pork and applesauce. And beer.