CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 11-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
Erik Reckdenwald

Profile:
I've seen mention of this the last week or two on the boards but was looking to get a little more info on it. I currently take Carlson's Very Finest Fish Oil, twice a day. If I were to incorporate Cod Liver Oil in the winter to supply Vitamin D, what percentage of it should I be taking versus the regular Fish Oil?

I ask because I take a large amount of Fish Oil (per the Omega Rx-Zone) and don't wannt to end up ingesting an unhealthy amount Vitamin D.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
Ben Kaminski

Profile:
Fish Oil and CLO are separate in my mind. Sure CLO has some Omega-3's, but little in comparison to the Fish Oil. Fish Oil has no vitamin A or D, so taking both should not be a problem.

For determining an unhealthy amount of vitamin D, the following is an excellent resource (work-safe and all that): http://www.westonaprice.org/basicnut...fications.html