CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-03-2016, 07:54 AM   #1
Adam Fisk

Profile:
Assembling Rogue Barbells

Hey guys, been a while since I posted here but I was hoping someone might have some insight on disassembling/assembling certain Rogue barbells. We're trying to clean and re-grease ours. I've probably watched all of the 'how-to' videos on YouTube but not of them seem to contain components of the barbell that we have in ours.

I'm not sure what bars we have exactly. They are definitely Rogue though. Let me explain what we're experiencing (I apologize for the lack of pictures). It starts out with the outer retention clip, the cover plate and inner retention clip, all removed easily enough. The collar, however, is still locked onto the bar. It turns out there are a few extra rings and pieces inside to keep the bar locked. With a bit a finesse we are able to get those removed. Two metallic rings and two semi-circle shaped pieces that sit in a groove in the bar. The two rings seem to sit on a lip/flange on the inside of collar behind the two semi-circle pieces.

We are having extreme difficulty pulling the collar back over those pieces and lining up with the knurling. Some bars we were able to successfully reassemble but I think it was mostly luck. Some of them we couldn't fit that second metallic ring and left it out (bar seems to spin fin but I'm sure it's there for a reason). I am almost starting to think that there is a way to remove the collar without touching those extra pieces on the inside.

Does anyone have any experience with this?