CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #81
Tim Trujillo

Profile:
Re: My garage gym!!!!

I just added three Atlas Stones to the collection. A soldier at an Army base near me has been making them and they are solid. He's gonna get a larger mold and get some heavier ones it to me when he does, but these three have been fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130127_095259.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	11286  
Old 03-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #82
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

Today I added two 70# Ader Kettlebells, 6 speed ropes, some more bands, two sets of steel Rouge rings, THE Rogue bar, and 210#s of Rogue HiTemp bumpers. The rest of the bumpers are going to some friends at my fire dept. I will be adding 3 kegs and two multi sided jump boxes this week a well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20130302_230149.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	11892  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130302_230227.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	11893  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130302_230448.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	11894  
Old 03-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #83
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

I added these two boxes today, we built them from the plans for the three sided boxes off the web. I might stain them to match the Oly Platform. We are going to add 3 kegs this week too. Does anybody have experience with filling them?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20130304_204619.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	11933  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #84
Craig Sifers

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Trujillo View Post
I added these two boxes today, we built them from the plans for the three sided boxes off the web. I might stain them to match the Oly Platform. We are going to add 3 kegs this week too. Does anybody have experience with filling them?
Here is a good video from Rob Orlando: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fMbRKO_pDOU (WFS)

Then get one of these to cap it off: http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/1003467...5#.UTX9GzD_mSo (WFS)

Seals nice and tight and makes it super easy to adjust the weight. Here is a pic of mine. Hope that hleps.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0082.1.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	11936  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #85
Rob Carrillo

Profile:

awesome set-up you've got there!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #86
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Sifers View Post
Here is a good video from Rob Orlando: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fMbRKO_pDOU (WFS)

Then get one of these to cap it off: http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/1003467...5#.UTX9GzD_mSo (WFS)

Seals nice and tight and makes it super easy to adjust the weight. Here is a pic of mine. Hope that hleps.
Thats awesome, Thanks alot for the video. I am really excited to get those things here and filled.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #87
Daniel O'Brien

Profile:
Smile Re: My garage gym!!!!

Tim looks like you've been collecting more toys! I think you snatched a few of the local deals I was eyeing lol. Let me know how you like those stones and how they hold up. I was considering getting some and there are a few people in state making them.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #88
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel O'Brien View Post
Tim looks like you've been collecting more toys! I think you snatched a few of the local deals I was eyeing lol. Let me know how you like those stones and how they hold up. I was considering getting some and there are a few people in state making them.
Daniel, Sorry about snatching those deals. The stones have held up OK, but the lightest one did show some Cracks after the first week. I can honestly say that it was probably our fault though. Someone dropped it on the concrete floor instead of the rubber mat 6"s away. I have since coated them and filled the cracks with concrete epoxy. I absolutely love them. If its the same guy, he was going to get the larger molds after he sold a few more sets. Do you have any gym pics up? or are you looking for anything specific? I am always hustling!!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #89
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

Here's the two kegs, I got them open filled and capped yesterday. I have a third one on the way. I also added another C2. This one is a model C and I got it off Craigslist for $50!!!!! I have been so lucky. Ooh yeah, 2 Ader kettlebells 53#s each and 3 sets of bands added today too.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20130309_220355.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	11968  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130309_220417.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	11969  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130309_220442.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	11970  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #90
Daniel O'Brien

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Trujillo View Post
Daniel, Sorry about snatching those deals. The stones have held up OK, but the lightest one did show some Cracks after the first week. I can honestly say that it was probably our fault though. Someone dropped it on the concrete floor instead of the rubber mat 6"s away. I have since coated them and filled the cracks with concrete epoxy. I absolutely love them. If its the same guy, he was going to get the larger molds after he sold a few more sets. Do you have any gym pics up? or are you looking for anything specific? I am always hustling!!
No need to apologize Tim, they were good deals and I hesitated on them because I have a lot going on right now. I'm glad they went somewhere to be well used!
What did you end up coating the stones with, just a cement sealer?
No gym pics up for me at the moment. One of those "sort of a long story" sort of a deal. I have been buying things as I can though.
Refresh my memory, are you just doing this out of your garage/shop for fun or are you affiliated? Would love to see if I can't come down and check it out some time!