CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 09-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
Eric Schubring

Profile:
Farmington Hills / Novi... or Warren... Southeast Michigan!

Hey guys,

I've been investigating opening my own box in the Metro Detroit area for a while. I have tons of equipment (literally) and nowhere to put it! The hardest part is obviously finding the right spot. I seem to be narrowing it down though.

From what I heard, there is a demand in the Farmington Hills / Novi area. The nearest boxes are in Plymouth / Birmingham / Bloomfield which are all more than 15 miles in other directions. I already have a few places ready to sign and have the zoning / occupancy certs ready. The other option is Warren / Centerline. I grew up in Warren, and would love to have a box over there. I'd be able to bring in friends and family. It's much cheaper and easier to work with the city, but the problem is, lower income, other boxes somewhat nearby, etc.. Anybody in the area want to chime in here?

Also....I'm a CF-L1 coach living in Birmingham and I run a free class every Sunday at my house out in the back yard. I have everything to run any wod and it gets very fun with 10+ people running around. Message me if you live in the area and want to come by.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
Greg Light

Profile:
Re: Farmington Hills / Novi... or Warren... Southeast Michigan!

I can vouch for the class. Very fun, well thought out, and a nice group of people. I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS FREE THOUGH! I thought you were just being nice since it was my first time there.

Thanks again.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
Eric Schubring

Profile:

Thanks Greg. Sunday is frugal fit! I'm thinking about always having a free day for all members.

Come by this Sunday!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
Matthew Carter

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Schubring View Post
Hey guys,

I've been investigating opening my own box in the Metro Detroit area for a while. I have tons of equipment (literally) and nowhere to put it! The hardest part is obviously finding the right spot. I seem to be narrowing it down though.

From what I heard, there is a demand in the Farmington Hills / Novi area. The nearest boxes are in Plymouth / Birmingham / Bloomfield which are all more than 15 miles in other directions. I already have a few places ready to sign and have the zoning / occupancy certs ready. The other option is Warren / Centerline. I grew up in Warren, and would love to have a box over there. I'd be able to bring in friends and family. It's much cheaper and easier to work with the city, but the problem is, lower income, other boxes somewhat nearby, etc.. Anybody in the area want to chime in here?

Also....I'm a CF-L1 coach living in Birmingham and I run a free class every Sunday at my house out in the back yard. I have everything to run any wod and it gets very fun with 10+ people running around. Message me if you live in the area and want to come by.
Hi, Im new to the Crossfit environment, but I do know there is a Crossfit Affiliate Gym in Plymouth and one in A2.

A few options worth investigating could be Dearborn and Southfield. Right in the middle of everything close to a freeway and a you will get a good mix of clients

I have a intro session with the Plymouth Gym this weekend. But I would love to attend one of your classes.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
Eric Schubring

Profile:

Hey Matthew, welcome. I heard many good things about Plymouth Crossfit as well as Hyperfit. With this weather, not many people will be showing up at my house. Not many weekends left with nice weather, I better get on securing a location! PM me if you'd like to stop by this weekend.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
Eric Schubring

Profile:

my affiliation essay just got approved, so things are moving along. Things are changing daily though, I may be teaming up with a partner who is already an affiliate. We will see!