CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 05-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
Andrew Durham

Profile:
Still new to CF

I found out about CF back in November and did research on the web for a month or so before I decided it was time to stop working on my before picture. Once I started after the first of Jan, I was hooked. I drank a lake of the Kool-Aide and got my level 1 in February in Okinawa. I still need to cut down on the alcohol, but I'm pretty satisfied with my results so far. In my before pic I was 202. Now, depending on how much water I have drank, I'm hanging out around 187. CF is working. I think my "DURING" shot is proof.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8159.jpg
Views:	1635
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	4181  Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 3.jpg
Views:	1772
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	4182  
Old 05-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
Jae Chung

Profile:
Re: Still new to CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Durham View Post
I found out about CF back in November and did research on the web for a month or so before I decided it was time to stop working on my before picture. Once I started after the first of Jan, I was hooked. I drank a lake of the Kool-Aide and got my level 1 in February in Okinawa. I still need to cut down on the alcohol, but I'm pretty satisfied with my results so far. In my before pic I was 202. Now, depending on how much water I have drank, I'm hanging out around 187. CF is working. I think my "DURING" shot is proof.
Wow, great results for just five months! Keep it up!

How's your diet (besides the alcohol)?
Old 05-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #3
Andrew Durham

Profile:

A somewhat Paleo/Zone. I haven't really got into the weighing of the food yet. I have cut out almost all breads/pasta/rice and sugars (except in the alcohol). I should give a strict Paleo/Zone a try though. I don't see myself quitting drinking though. I have pretty much cut back to weekends only though.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
Jason David

Profile:

good call on the 'during'...and nice work.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
Andrew Durham

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason David View Post
good call on the 'during'...and nice work.

Thanks Jason.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
Rick Kolberg

Profile:

DUDE...i've got a project like you had goin right now. One of My Soldiers weighed 245 when he came to me, and 7 weeks into this, he's 220 as of today. I showed him your story, and you motivted him. Thanks bro
Old 05-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
Joshua Murphy

Profile:

Great job Andrew - keep it up!

"Warp Spasm" courtesy of http://www.anne-madden.com/LeBPages/...bration21.html (WFS)
Old 06-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #8
Andrew Durham

Profile:

Wow! I didn't think I'd inspire others. That's pretty cool. I'm still hanging around 187. Haven't quite cut out the alcohol either (don't think I will). I'm thinking about going strict Zone and weighing my foods out for a little while as and experiment. I guess I'll see how that goes. Thanks again everyone. .
Old 06-07-2009, 05:45 AM   #9
Scott Wisuri

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Durham View Post
A somewhat Paleo/Zone. I haven't really got into the weighing of the food yet. I have cut out almost all breads/pasta/rice and sugars (except in the alcohol). I should give a strict Paleo/Zone a try though. I don't see myself quitting drinking though. I have pretty much cut back to weekends only though.
great job! my diet is similar to yours. i just watch my carb intake. i try to keep it to breakfast and lunch when i do have them. of course there is the occasional loaded potato or bowl of pasta (wheat when i can) though.
i cut alcohol for 15 days (was supposed to go 30 but had 2 beers on day 16) i felt so much better and really noticed the difference at the gym. now i dont want to drink as much because i know it will affect my training. of course i have my weekend drinks but try to keep it out of the diet on the weekdays.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #10
Andrew Durham

Profile:
Talking Re: Still new to CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wisuri View Post
great job!
of course i have my weekend drinks but try to keep it out of the diet on the weekdays.
Thanks Scott. I also only drink a little on t the weekends. The bad thing is, my weekends are three instead of two. I also follow the main page and have done quite a few of my workouts hung over. I look at this as keeping things constantly varied though. You have fireman and soldiers that will train in there gear. We, drinkers that is, should keep up with the same practice and do it occasionally hung over, or maybe even drunk. This way we will better prepare ourselves for any kind of dilemma we get ourselves into while we are intoxicated. Most who read this will disagree with my rationale. I just figure that's because you probably don't drink. I now alcohol is hindering my overall performance. I just know that I'll, being that I have practice, will be able to complete a WOD better than the other guy that has no experience.

comments comments