CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #1

Profile:

Oly Technique Plates

For those of you as aggravated as we are with the available lightweight technique plates, we're now carrying the only ones we use and recommend - HiTech.

These things are one-piece plastic composite that simply will not crack or break even with abuse. Possibly more important, they actually fit bars correctly and are wide enough to prevent the wobbling typical of tech plates. They're also less expensive than most of their competitors (which you'll have to replace multiple times anyway) - start at $130/pair + shipping.

We have 5 lb, 2.5 kg, 3.75 kg, and 10 lb weights.

Also, we're giving CF affiliates a 10% discount on these. Email us for a discount code.

http://www.cathletics.com/zen/index....products_id=89

http://www.performancemenu.com/zen/i...TechPlates.jpg
Old 02-27-2008, 03:10 PM   #2

Profile:

Re: Oly Technique Plates

Check out this video of how tough these plates are (WFS):

http://www.cathletics.com/daily/vide...chDropping.mov

These are the 3.75 kg plates on a 20 kg bar with 140 lbs of unsupported iron plates on them dropped from overhead with no problem.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:53 AM   #3
Arden Cogar Jr.

Profile:

Greg,
I just ordered some from Mercedes the day before yesterday. If I would have known you were selling them, I would have got them from you guys. She did give me the CF discount, which was awesome.

I got them for my daughters and wife. My one daughter has expressed interested. And I, of course, went overboard and got the 5lbers and the 3.75kilos plates.

Gotta do it up right.

All the best,
Arden
Old 04-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
Jeremy Galo

Profile:

So.... I just picked up a set of these (thanks Rogue)... Anybody else have them? I tried dropping them from overhead onto 3 layers of 3/8" rubber stall mats and these things are F'ing LOUD!!! Holy crap they're scary.

So they're unbreakable... cool. But... does anybody have any experience with dropping them a lot and finding they damage your bar? I won't be dropping these TOO much, but a weaker person may. Just seems like they're so rigid that a lot of the force is being absorbed by the bar.

Thoughts to any owners out there or anybody who's used them extensively?