CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 01-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #1
Amber Brooks

Profile:
'Cindy' Question

I am a newbie so be patient I did 'Cindy' for the first time Monday (it was my 2nd official CF day) I did the Buttercup scaled down version. Overall in my 10 minutes I did 19 rounds

1 Jumping Pull-ups
4 Push-ups
7 Squats

By Now you are probably wondering where the question is, well you are in luck. Here it is, is 19 rds up to par? Should I move up the scale to puppies? Im not really sure what to think about the work out since Im not really sure what Im aiming for goal wise for the individual WOD. any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
Sean Dunston

Profile:
Re: 'Cindy' Question

19 sounds pretty good.

You'll see that the people who do CF as RX'd will be cranking out that many (and more ) rounds of Cindy.

I am not a trainer, so I don't know what the scaling methodology is. perhaps you are good at these movements, but there might be others in CF that do not come as easy to you. Give it a few more WODs before you dive in head first. It is better to have a good experience with your WODs than a bad one.

Next time Cindy comes up, if you do the same modifications from RX'd and get 25 rounds, then I would definitely say it is time to move up.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
Scott A Martin

Profile:

Nice job. You were doing one rep every 2.6 seconds. That's pretty solid (it would work out to over 15 rounds on Cindy as prescribed if you maintained that pace). I would scale up as long as the primary limiting factor is your conditioning and not your strength. If you scale up and find that you're spending a lot of time struggling to get x pull ups or y push ups, then scale back down. Remember that the point of WOD's like Cindy is primarily metcon and not strength training.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
Andrew G. Greenberg

Profile:

amber, you are way ready to move up to the next level. if you can get 10 rounds or more, then move up again.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:07 PM   #5
John Biddle

Profile:

Can I suggest that you make sure that you're doing the exercises with a full range of movement before going up? As you get more tired you can find yourself unconsciously using less and less good form (I know I certainly have done) which makes Cindy a much less nasty beast.