CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 12-02-2004, 05:28 PM   #11
Paul Brewer-Jensen

Profile:  
Tim,

Heavy deadlifts supersetted with weighted dips is a great workout. I like to do such a workout on a two minute interval for 20 to 30 minutes (10 to 15 supersets). I keep the intervals the same from workout to workout and just try to increase the total workload (weight x reps) for each exercise. I have found that pacing oneself (avoiding going to failure except on the last set) is the best way to maximize the total workload.

Another good superset is squats and weighted pullups.

I like to pair up a lower body push exercise with an upper body pull exercise and a lower body pull with an upper body push. IMO these are the epitome of whole body antagonist supersets.

Have fun!

Paul
Old 12-02-2004, 06:40 PM   #12
Dale S. Jansen

Profile:
paul, I think you will find crossfit has honed the push/pull, upper/lower with its intense use of olympic lifts and marriage of myriad different complexes into supersets,etc. the other element is the periodization over days/weeks/months based on constantly confusing neuroendocrine responses resulting in wonderful gains.