CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 01-23-2008, 07:11 AM   #11
Brad Thompson

Profile:
Re: Huntsville, AL

All of the above.

I have not found a location yet - I have several in mind. I'll keep you posted. Shoot me a PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #12
Matthew Cooper

Profile:

I'm just getting in to CrossFit - been doing it for about 3 weeks. I'm a high school student at Buckhorn HS, but I don't think I'll be able to make it out to UAH in the mornings. Not to mention I don't think I'll be able to front the money for the membership there. Paying for gas is enough trouble for me. But if you all are doing anything not at the fitness center, let me know. I'd love to hop in.
-Matt
Old 01-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #13
David Andrew Gray

Profile:

One of our guys is supposed to be buying a house around May and we are goign to make a garage gym in it this summer. All of us are graduating in May so our free memebership will be gone and so we are going to just make our own gym.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:05 PM   #14
Matthew Cooper

Profile:

Glad to hear it. I wasn't too thrilled when I saw the $50 a month price tag. Just drop me an email when you get the garage gym going. I'll be happy to help out if I can.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #15
Kevin Lowe

Profile:

Hey CF'rs.....

I'm looking for a cross fit group/partner.
I'm in SE huntsville but can pretty much meet up anywhere after work from 5:30 - 7:30. Mornings are a possibility but only if in SE or Central Huntsville.

I currently go to the SE YMCA but can and will go anywhere. I'd like to hit up a no frills gym and get some serious work done.

Have a big basement and the beginnings of a decent home gym.
hanging chains
hanging pullup bars
Jump stretch bands and dumbells.

Will be buying dip bars and roman chair this week.

Been searching Craig's list for a squat rack.....anyways.

PM me if interested in getting together for some work outs.

K
Old 01-29-2008, 07:44 PM   #16
Brandon Daughtry

Profile:

Hey from Madison. I am new to crossfit and think it's great. I just started trying to get my garage ready for some WOD.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:06 PM   #17
Russell Berger

Profile:

Crossfit in Huntsville:

I live in the Huntsville area and currently attend UAH. I am a certified personal trainer, (which is both meaningless and worthless as far as real fitness goes but is the only way to get a job at a gym) and I spent 4 years in an army special operations battalion, where I practiced and taught crossfit-methodology. If anyone is interested in a gym where you can actually work hard without getting kicked out, I'll be working at the MATRIX gym, opening in march (leeman ferry road in Huntsville). It will be very crossfit-friendly, Something I have yet to find in this town.

www.operativefitness.wordpress.com

contact me!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #18
Will Blankenship

Profile:

What's up, guys! I was wondering if I was the only CF'r in HSV. I've been crossfitting consistently for over a year now. I do my crossfit training at Family Fitness on south end. I also do my JiuJitsu, Muay Thai and MMA training at Straight Blast Gym on the north end of the parkway.

I've been working out since I was probably 14 or 15 (I'm 31 now) and crossfit is the best fitness program I've ever come across. It's the perfect supplement to my fight training.

The best thing is watching some of the typical gym jackoffs whisper and point as I'm doing kipping pullups, jerks, swings, and all the other "non-bodybuilding" type workouts. Haha!

If I had time outside of work, CFing and my fight training, there would have been a CF gym in huntsville a long time ago.

Glad to see I'm not the only one

Last edited by Will Blankenship : 02-29-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #19
James Lambert

Profile:

I am an experienced gym rat but haven't been in one more than a few days since I EASed from the Marine Corps.

I'm really interested in getting back into the gym and becoming healthy again and I think CrossFit is what I've been looking for. Even while I was "bodybuilding" in the Marines I always thought that functional fitness work was better than just lifting weights.

Keeping in mind that comparitively to my fitness as a Marine I am horribly out of shape, would you guys mind if I come and join you at the UFC in the mornings?

I will be getting my membership setup today because of my new class schedule.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #20
Kevin Lowe

Profile:

[quote=James Lambert;288208]I am an experienced gym rat but haven't been in one more than a few days since I EASed from the Marine Corps.

QUOTE]

Hey James,
Please check out the Matrix gym that just opened on Leeman Ferry. It has a dedicated CrossFit workout area and has EVERYTHING that is needed for an intense CF workout. I've been CF'ing for 3-4 months now at different gyms around the city and the matrix is a peice of CF heaven. it is a gym that was designed from the beginning with CF in mind. Rates are very affordable also.

I think the website is www.thematrixgym.com

Russell (who has posted on this board) is the CF coach and really knows what he is doing.

This week we are meeting up there at 5:30 pm. Today is my off day but I'll damn sure be up there tomorrow.

See ya there.

kevin