CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 11-08-2007, 08:14 AM   #11
Aaron Trent

Profile:
Re: Ronnie Coleman leg pressing

Say what you may about bodybuilding and his straps, but he is still freaking strong. No one can take that away from him.

Ronnie Coleman once said, "Everybody wants to look like a bodybuilder, but no one wants to lift no heavy a** weights."

I admit that I do not want to look like a body builder, but replace body builder with track sprinter, 300 actor, pro swimmer, pro rugby player, pro football player, elite crossfitter, mma fighter, etc and finish by saying but no one wants to lift no heavy a** weights or do no hard a** workout and you have the truth for most everyone.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 PM   #12
Spencer Provow

Profile:

LIGHT WEIGHT hahaha he is a freak... that is awesome i have not seen that particular clip of his before.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:46 AM   #13
Jason Lopez-Ota

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Oto View Post
Anybody with me on this? Next time I'm working out with a friend, and I pause to rest when a WoD's kicking my ***, I'm going to bellow "gonna get HUGE!" to break the tension.
Ronnie Coleman squat video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxa_kj2aBCU

I was thinking next time I do ME deadlifts I'm going to yell "YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH BUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!"
Old 11-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #14
Spencer Provow

Profile:

i dont think it s genetically possible for me to get that big... but everyone would be looking at you like DA** that dude is HUGE
Old 11-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #15
Steven Bourdage

Profile:

I havent laughed this hard in a while...

Do you think Ronnie will have any prostate problems later in life....seriously that guy is on some serious ****
Old 11-09-2007, 04:57 PM   #16
John Seiler

Profile:

Hmm. He weighs almost twice as much as me and he deadlifts almost twice as me. Weird, huh?

I never cease to wonder how a police officer got away (I believe he's left the force) with such obvious drug use. Do you think they have officers with big pot leaf posters by their desks or heroin tracks on their forearms?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:45 PM   #17
Ryan Long

Profile:

Not that I could ever look like that, but who would want to? Well, Ronnie...
Old 11-10-2007, 08:45 PM   #18
Kris Warner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lopez-Ota View Post
Ronnie Coleman squat video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxa_kj2aBCU

I was thinking next time I do ME deadlifts I'm going to yell "YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH BUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!"

It wouldn't help you. Ronnie is a beast plain and simple. He's on drugs. That's what it takes to win the Olympia 8 times. His job was to be the most symmetrically developed largest human in the world. I've seen vids of him pressing 200lb dbs for 15 reps. Thats more in each hand than a lot of peoples 1 RM bench on here. Roids doesn't put that much strength on you. It still comes from hard a** work.

When you start lifting 800lb on anything other than your 3 lift total post your video where you walk calmly up to the bar and lift.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:48 AM   #19
Jason Lopez-Ota

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Warner View Post
It wouldn't help you. Ronnie is a beast plain and simple. He's on drugs. That's what it takes to win the Olympia 8 times. His job was to be the most symmetrically developed largest human in the world. I've seen vids of him pressing 200lb dbs for 15 reps. Thats more in each hand than a lot of peoples 1 RM bench on here. Roids doesn't put that much strength on you. It still comes from hard a** work.

When you start lifting 800lb on anything other than your 3 lift total post your video where you walk calmly up to the bar and lift.
It's a joke but your ability to take silliness seriously is amusing. Ive seen gullible, but you take the cake. Maybe I'll post a video of me doing 50+ pullups since I can do that and maybe my over 2x bodyweight deadlift. Hmmmm.........

Last edited by Jason Lopez-Ota : 11-12-2007 at 04:50 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:20 AM   #20
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Ronnie is clearly a very dedicated guy. Yeah he uses roids, how can they not? not a single natural can even compete hence natural bbers having their own cat.

I'm not into BB as you can tell by the pic, i'm now walking around at 87kg thanks to this last 10 days of strict zoning. I think that in their field you always have alot of nasty peeps through roid rage etc but this guy is totally entertaining! c'mon 800lb dead "it's like a peanut" and "light weight" just make my sides split. I love his personality he brings great charachter to a pretty dull sport.