CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 05-31-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
Christine Crawford

Profile:
My goal with CF was to get stronger and help keep running injuries at bay. I've achieved more than that. I don't know how my trainer would feel about me sharing this so I hope it's O.K. but this is a snipped of what I wrote to him:

Hey Ryan! Just wanted to let you know I did not get to the workouts this week. I had lots going on with the family and getting ready for the (100 mile) run. It’s been difficult letting go of exercising and fitness in general (tapering). I’m so pleased with my running this year. I still can’t believe I’ve won all 4 of my 50k events and one of the top ten biggest 50 milers in the USA. I don’t know if that has been the highlight of my year or the fact that I ran so fast at Land Between the Lakes setting a new course record or how I’ve achieved the type of shape I’ve always wanted to achieve. I can honestly say that I love how I look after less than a year of CF. I’ve never said that before. When my husband or others compliment me, I thank them because I know that it’s true and looking back at my stack of emailed workouts from you, I know how hard I’ve worked. I have just the right amount of muscle, fat, strength, endurance and power.

Thank you CrossFit and thank you Ryan. The results are undeniable and I have the confidence to deal with anything, even my impending 100 mile trail run this weekend.

Christine
Old 06-01-2007, 06:02 AM   #2
Michael Tong

Profile:
Way to go Christine! I am tired just reading your post about 100-mile runs. I couldn't even imagine me doing that. Very inspiring.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:04 AM   #3
Christine Crawford

Profile:
Finished my first 100 miler and felt strong the entire distance. I re-sprained my ankle but threw a brace on it after mile 62. I went through fatigue, self-doubt and even some really cool hallucinations but felt physically tough for the duration of the event. I was excited to learn I finished first female and 4th overall. Thanks again CrossFit and Ryan!!!

Christine
Old 06-05-2007, 06:44 AM   #4
H. Giovanni Salazar

Profile:
Running at that level is just impressive and coming in at the finish injured and in 4th overall is just FANTASTIC!! Congrats Christine.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:20 AM   #5
Connie Morreale

Profile:
congrats, christine. you have a strong mind.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
Ian Holmes

Profile:
Nicely done.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:24 PM   #7
Dale F. Saran

Profile:
What a great line - "I re-sprained my ankle but threw a brace on it after mile 62." I think mine would be, "After mile 62, I died. I am writing this from the beyond."

Great job, Christine.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:05 AM   #8
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
For those of you who haven't met Christine, she's a true die hard and extremely hard worker - makes a trainer's job easy. It's a been a real pleasure hearing about her improvements and accomplishments during the past several months. Can't wait for more! Keep up the great work!