CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 06-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Steve Mowery

Profile:
Starting out......again

Hello all,

Recently I took a very long break from going to my CrossFit box. I have been doing the Couch to 5K program and am starting week 5. I haven't been to the box in about that long as well. My question is, should I start with Cindy again and ease my way back into it? Or should I just go in and go light? I've missed being in the box, but due to an abundance of things going on with family and work I haven't had the time. I wanna get back into it as fast as I can.

Looking forward to your responses,
Steve
Old 06-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Doug Blankenship

Profile:
Re: Starting out......again

We need to know a few things first. Your stats, age, height, weight and goal/goals?

There really isn't a need to just jump back in an do Cindy, you can just start following the main page again on the next cycle. Scaled of course.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

What does your gym programming say to do? What are your coaches advising you in terms of volume and scaling? If they can't give you good recommendations, what are you paying them for?

"Wanting to get back into it as fast as I can" is a good way to injure yourself and halt your progress in a hurry. You're not going to make up 5 weeks of missed workouts in an instant, so don't try to.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Steve Mowery

Profile:

Cool, Thanks Doug.

I am 31, 511 262lbs. My main goal is to lose weight and put on some muscle. Basically I want to look good and be able to perform well at work, (Deputy Sheriff).

I have been doing CrossFit for almost a year, on and off, and have lost over 50 LBS.

Still loving the program and need to start hitting it hard again to lose another 60lbs.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
Brendan McNamar

Profile:

Go back, check ego at door, scale heavily and get as many workouts as possible a week.

Understand your goal for the first 6 weeks is not to injure yourself.

Focus on nutrition to speed up progress and make the 6 weeks more valuable.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
Steve Mowery

Profile:

Thanks folks, I'll be taking it easy but giving it all I have at the same time....if that makes any sense lol.

For some reason I just fell into a funk that I just realized I was in. Gonna go give it a whirl tomorrow morning after work. Then go for a run. I am enjoying the heck out of my Vibrams that I bought when I started the couch to 5k. I actually enjoy running now. I never thought I would say that either lol. I didn't even like to run when I was in the Marine Corps.

Thanks again,
Steve
Old 06-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #7
Steve Mowery

Profile:

So the first WOD in 6 weeks went really well. I scaled the weight of the wod and number of reps. Only scaled down 10 reps and 10 lbs. I'm sore but I am reminded how much I enjoy CrossFit.

I am going to tackle "Nancy" tomorrow. Time to get beatly again