CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:05 PM   #11
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Moving to Community
Old 07-05-2007, 08:30 PM   #12
Trevor Thompson

Profile:

I'm training to be in Navy Spec Ops, with function comes a hard and fit physique.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:32 AM   #13
Darren Zega

Profile:  
Gorm,

I don't blame you. If I had to start karate from scratch, at this point, and could schedule and teach my own hours, there's no way I could ever manage to do it. Also, if I had to pay what my Sensei is charging new students these days, I wouldn't be able to afford the gas in my tank to drive back and forth from the dojo.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #14
David Ristau

Profile:
My main pursuits are scuba diving, hiking {sports not really akin to a ripped body}, and practice/teaching karate {traditional}. Since moving back to the coast {Victoria, BC} I'm fixing up my mountain bike and thinking about trying out either freediving or surfing.

CF helps me do what I do and not die doing it, also I like the challenge behind working out rather than simply pushing weights.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #15
John McBrien

Profile:
Right now I'm training for my first marathon so that is what accompanies my CF. Outside of that I typically play any and every sport I can just as CF dictates one do. It helps me see my improvements in action.

Connie - where do you take Krav Maga in DC? There's a few CF affiliates up there too; I'm hoping to visit Tom at CF DC when I get back up there.

Zega, I'm glad to see that another fellow Hokie is here on the board. Do you have another year here out of the HTs or are you already on your way to training for the Army/commissioned?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #16
Darren Zega

Profile:  
John,

I'll be living it up out of the corps as a lazy fifth year. That's actually why I've gotten so active in Crossfit lately - I'll actually have the time to finally get my fitness where it ought to be before I strap on a butterbar.

Also, I fully plan on using and abusing all of my connections in the corps, so after you finish your exercise in psychotic masochism (the marathon, better you than me!) if you want to get at the O-course (you're out of the corps too, right?) or any other cadet stuff, let me know.

(Message edited by davion13 on July 06, 2007)
Old 07-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #17
John McBrien

Profile:
Zega - PM sent.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:26 AM   #18
Connie Morreale

Profile:
john...krav maga columbia. those guys rock. cool thing is...i'll be teaching some fitness classes there. its nice to be plugged in right away like that.

i fully intend on visiting the affiliates in the metro area. right now we are looking to live on the baltimore side of the beltway, kinda between the pentagon and columbia.
maybe we can meet at an affiliate for a workout sometime!

Old 07-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #19
John McBrien

Profile:
Connie that would be awesome. Although I won't be in D.C. for long this summer. I've been living in Blacksburg taking classes and training (the higher elevation here is great for that).

CrossFit Alexandria and CrossFit Fairfax are the two I know of in Northern Virginia but I haven't visited either one. I have spoken with Tom though and he has a pretty good setup it sounds like.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:03 PM   #20
John McBrien

Profile:
Trevor - PM sent.