CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-19-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
Adam Veyt

Profile:
Hey guys been two days on Zone diet and im starving. Need motivation. Read get off the crack and it was great but, cant eat the artical, computer screen to big haha. Did everyone else suffer???? Will see this through but just wanted to know how everyone else faired through the first couple days?

Old 03-19-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
Craig Van De Walker

Profile:
If you are lean and active you MAY NEED more calories in the form of healthy fat. I zone but at 3-4x fat to keep my weight stable.

Use low GI vegies for your carbs get them from califlour(sp?), brocoli, spinach or something similar. Don't waste your carbs on processed food it goes through you too quickly and leaves you even hungrier.

Stick with it for a couple of weeks. IF you are loosing weight too quickly or more than you want then re-evaluate, especially your fat.

The biggest signal to up fat is a loss of performance. If you are still performing well or getting better stick out the discomfort, it'll get better.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
John Planow

Profile:
I'm two weeks in and can say that things got noticeably better after week 1, even though I'm fairly sure I still need to increase my fat blocks.

Actually, week 2 was better except for waking up in the middle of the night having just dreamt of a big plate of spaghetti. That was a couple days into week 2. :-)

Hang in there, it'll get better.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
Jason Billows

Profile:
I think that Craig's 2nd point is a key one. If you choose the right carbs you'll be wishing you could stop eating. My first try at the zone was a miserable failure because I kept eating the dense carbs (e.g. potato). Once I switched to the lower density carbs (e.g. broccoli) I found my jaw sore from eating are rarely, if ever, became hungry. If I did get hungry it was usually dealt with by simply adding a little more fat or breaking down my food into smaller blocks, but more frequent meals.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:59 PM   #5
Steve Liberati

Profile:
Starving b/c your blood sugar levels probably are out of whack. That's where the Zone diet comes into play. The balance ratio of macros will help stabilize your hormones and sugar levels, cutting back on the cravings. Same with IF, give it some time to let it work its magic. Its a journey.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #6
Kevin McKay

Profile:
Yeah, choosing quality carbs from fruit and non starchy veggies will fix you up right.