CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 08-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
Chris Brigham

Profile:
Stomach pain at High heart rate, HELP!!

background, I am 30 yrs old, 6'0, 250lbs, 1RM DL=435 BS=345 PP=225 Cindy = 9+9, just for scores and to show as while I am over weight i do have strength and muscle. Been CFing since April.

two weeks ago i started noticing, at high heart rates, i develop a feeling in my stomach the size of a softball, this feeling is centralized at my belly button and does not move, it feels like i am getting punched in the stomach, a continuous ache, which causes me to not be able to take full deep breaths while working. once i stop the WOD the pain leaves. I notice this pain in "red line" woods i.e. 21-15-9 style a lot sooner, then something more paced out, like 20m AMRAPs. Today during a 1 minute max cal row, i felt it kick in around 45 seconds,

when this happens, my strength gets zapped, and i end up with short shallow breaths, and i feel like i could not lift a 5lb plate. also today during a 7m EMOM of cleans and Jerks, i never felt this issue. I have noticed it doesn't really matter what i eat or when i eat, as the results are the same, under clean eating, poor eating, tons of sleep or minimal sleep.

I brought it up to my coaches today and they are slightly concerned and one said to get checked out, the other said just back off the intensity. I love CF, and i love the feeling i get when i am working (usually) but I am at a point where i don't know what this is and what to do, I am trying to drop fat and stay strong. i care about this, i am not over working myself, i try to eat clean, i have 1-2 cheat meals a week, and I am Straight edge, so i don't do poisons... i do a multi vitamin and progenex recovery and kill cliff... i know i should have more water,

there it is thats everything... please some one help point me in the right direction... what is going on with me
Old 08-22-2014, 09:55 PM   #2
David Orr

Profile:
Re: Stomach pain at High heart rate, HELP!!

Ummmm, go see your doctor. The last person I would ask for medical advice is my coach.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #3
Chris Brigham

Profile:

I am pumped that I have 800 views and 1 response... thanks....
Old 08-24-2014, 08:50 AM   #4
Robert D Taylor Jr

Profile:

Go see the doctor is the only responsible answer.

First thing I thought of was this dude's aorta is going to pop and we are going to read his obit in the CF journal.

Enjoy.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #5
Mike Doehla

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Brigham View Post
I am pumped that I have 800 views and 1 response... thanks....
lol dude...we're not doctors.