CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 06-12-2014, 03:39 PM   #11
Cam Peavy

Profile:
Re: Metcons and maintaining lean mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan Yilmazkaya View Post
Man it shouldn't be so hard. I mean i was 186 lb and now 164, i have never felt hungry even once in this 3.5 months period. I just take 1900 calories EVERYDAY! which is 600-650 calories under my daily maintenance. I take 140 grams of proteins (equals 560 calories) and i just fill the rest with whatever i wanna eat. I never enjoy any meal without rice, so i eat a lot of rice, also trying not to eat simple carbs, that's all. Just find your maintenance and aim for a 500-1000 calories decifit a day depending on how fast you wanna lose and how much muscle lose you wanna lose.

Diet has never been a pain in the *** for me but training always is. I mean you get smaller, you get faster but also weaker. Your lifts decreases gradually, you can't do anything. You never enjoy it when you are lifting to protect as much as you do when you are lifting to gain.
In a proper cut, you shouldn't lose strength.. in some cases, you can gain strength. This is why you don't rush a cut.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #12
Hakan Yilmazkaya

Profile:
Re: Metcons and maintaining lean mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Peavy View Post
In a proper cut, you shouldn't lose strength.. in some cases, you can gain strength. This is why you don't rush a cut.
Average 5.5 lbs a month isn't actually a rush i think. And if you lose around 20 lbs, yes your lifts will decrease for sure. Unless you just started lifting 2 weeks ago and your max deadlift is 150 lb.