CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 05-07-2014, 08:20 AM   #1
Samantha Rastagh

Profile:
Wink Breast augmentation and crossfit

Hi! So, I've decided that I'm going to have a breast augmentation in about 6 weeks. Crossfit's given me a great body, with the exception of my breasts which have seen better days prior to leaning out and breastfeeding for a year and a half. My doc says I have to rest for 4 weeks, no physical activity to increase heart rate, then I may return to activity but no chest for another 2 weeks or so. I'm a little worried about de-conditioning and the downtime. I currently cross fit 4-5 times a week. I'm hoping to hear stories from others who have had breast augmentation or know someone who has…how's their strength afterwards? My upper body is super strong and I know it'll take some time to regain strength, but anyone have any tips or advice? I really appreciate it.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
Eric Konieczny

Profile:
Re: Breast augmentation and crossfit

one of the girls at my box just had it done 4 months ago. Yes you will have to take time off, and it will suck since many of us are programmed to workout out 5-6 days a week. Being a male, I havent had boobs done, but have had other surgeries. Being in shape will help you bounce back quicker( no pun intended), maybe start doing air squats and light pool walking 3-4 weeks out.

4-6 weeks isnt that long in the overall grand scheme of things
Old 05-12-2014, 06:32 AM   #3
Samantha Rastagh

Profile:

Eric, I thank you for your response. This post has been viewed by a lot of people and I'm really surprised that no one else has experience with this. I do really appreciate your post and encouragement. Thank you again!
Old 05-12-2014, 07:04 AM   #4
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Rastagh View Post
This post has been viewed by a lot of people and I'm really surprised that no one else has experience with this. I do really appreciate your post and encouragement. Thank you again!
656 views so far.

650 of them are by me, hoping for pics.

No such luck so far.

- Mark
Old 05-12-2014, 07:25 PM   #5
Adrian Garcia

Profile:

My wife did Crossfit after having a boob job. She never claimed of any issues. Good sports bra is all she needed. She had the done about 5 years ago. No issues with anything.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #6
Bradley James Thompson

Profile:

TONS of fitness women have it done. I mean, you don't get to naturallyhave abs AND boobs. Maybe a few do, but it's a small minority.