CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
Nick Wienhold

Profile:
W-4/w-14

I am wanting to expand my garage gym to support two people working out. As of now I have one squat rack and would like to expand this to two with more functionality.

I was wondering what people think of the W-4 wall mount system from Rogue? It looks like a very functional piece of equipment. I also think it would save space since it combines multiple pull-ups stations (separate place for pull-ups, ring work, and squatting). I am looking at getting the safety spotter arms as well as the matador for dips.

Also, if I am looking for just two people, what are your opinions on getting 2 W-4's instead of getting the W-14? I think it would be a good way to save some money (around $275 after shipping).
Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
Jeremy Galo

Profile:
Re: W-4/w-14

I say get the two W-4s if you're going to save $275. The only difference between two W-4s and a single W-14 is the X-70 crossbar. You can always buy it separately later if you decide you want to string the two W-4s together.

Plus if you get the two W-4s, you wouldn't necessarily be held to putting them side by side. You could put them on separate sides of the garage depending on how your space works out for you. Just a thought. Either way, Rogue makes some seriously sexy stuff.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:

I was in the same spot for awhile, and actually ended up getting the R-3 with an extra set of J-cups. We can have (and regularly do) have one person on each side. You can't have two people doing pullups on there comfortably, but that's what my outside pullup bar is for!

I feel like it actually gave me more floor space for other work, and am super pleased with the purchase.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Wienhold View Post
I am wanting to expand my garage gym to support two people working out. As of now I have one squat rack and would like to expand this to two with more functionality.

I was wondering what people think of the W-4 wall mount system from Rogue? It looks like a very functional piece of equipment. I also think it would save space since it combines multiple pull-ups stations (separate place for pull-ups, ring work, and squatting). I am looking at getting the safety spotter arms as well as the matador for dips.

Also, if I am looking for just two people, what are your opinions on getting 2 W-4's instead of getting the W-14? I think it would be a good way to save some money (around $275 after shipping).
Depending on how much room you have in your garage and your budget, I'd recommend the W-1 http://www.repfitness.com/weightlift...th-pull-up-bar WFS for $400 shipped vs the W-4 for $700 shipped http://www.roguefitness.com/w4-garage-gym.php WFS

Not sure if the W-1 comes with a dip attachment. Either way, considerably cheaper and can collapse and has a pull up bar.