CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
Luis Braga

Profile:
new to CF.. need help on good pair of shoes

Hello all, I am new to this Forum but have been doing all CF with my trainer at my local gym. I was looking to get a good pair of shoes that will be good for both Cf and Weightlifting. I currently have a pair of Nikes but i don't feel any stability when i do squats or deadlifts.

Here is what i came up with from the forum:

Reebok crossfit nano 2.0
INOV-8 F Lite
New Balance MX20 V3
Adidas Powerlift Trainer

would someone recommend me a good pair of shoes i can use for both crossfit and weightlifting. Usually I do lots of CF with mountain climbers, box jumps, squat thrusters etc..

thanks
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
Luis Braga

Profile:
Re: new to CF.. need help on good pair of shoes

come on now. 166 views and not a single comment???
Old 01-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
Georgia Guy

Profile:

I have been using inovates yes the spell check got me, but when they die I am getting nanos.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
Erik Knudsen

Profile:

Check out the Merrell barefoot shoes.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
Scott McIntyre

Profile:

I'm a shoe freak and IMO the New Balance MX 20 V1 are hands down the best shoe I have used for CrossFit, they also just came out with the V3s and I have them on the way. The V1s took a lot of abuse and are still good to go! I highly recommend them.

Inov-8s seem to fall apart quicker than other shoes I have tried, I have the new XF type with velcro, amazing for rope climbs. They are the zero drop type.

I HATE the Reebok Nano V2s, terrible shoes, I liked the V1s much better, I actually just picked up another pair, but I only wear them when I train people and kicking around the box.

The Reebok Oly shoe is great for a hybrid type of shoe, good for lifting, and stuff like double unders or a few box jumps.

Nike Romaleos are incredible for strictly lifting, I love mine and any review I have read gives them the best review.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McIntyre View Post
I'm a shoe freak and IMO the New Balance MX 20 V1 are hands down the best shoe I have used for CrossFit, they also just came out with the V3s and I have them on the way. The V1s took a lot of abuse and are still good to go! I highly recommend them.

Inov-8s seem to fall apart quicker than other shoes I have tried, I have the new XF type with velcro, amazing for rope climbs. They are the zero drop type.

I HATE the Reebok Nano V2s, terrible shoes, I liked the V1s much better, I actually just picked up another pair, but I only wear them when I train people and kicking around the box.

The Reebok Oly shoe is great for a hybrid type of shoe, good for lifting, and stuff like double unders or a few box jumps.

Nike Romaleos are incredible for strictly lifting, I love mine and any review I have read gives them the best review.
I second everything Scott said. New Balance MX20 v1's and v3's are amazing. However, I am the opposite in opinions for the Nano's. I really like the Nano 2.0 and am not a big fan of the 1.0 (they give me an awkward pain up my growth plates).
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 01-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Chris Dukes

Profile:

Both my wife and I really like the Nano 2.0's. Got a good deal on them on ebay but it took a little while for the right color/size/price combo
Old 01-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
Stephen Hull

Profile:

I have been impressed with the New Balance MX20 v1's from amazon.com for 48 dollars. Feel great and price was great. I do not like the fit/feel of the Inov8's 195s I have, but I use them just because I have them.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
Patrick Rushbrook

Profile:

I've really enjoyed my nano 2's. They aren't great for running but they're fine for short distances when you need them at the same time for lifting. They do take a little while to break in.

The powerlift trainers aren't a mobile shoe. You only lift in them. If you try to do functional stuff in them it'll not only hurt but you'll ruin the shoes.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:19 AM   #10
Marshall Flagg

Profile:

I wore a pair of NB Minimus MT10 forever. I finally bought a new pair. Good durable shoe.