CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #161
Matt Thomas

Profile:
Re: CrossFit - Reekbok Apparel...

I just wonder why there is no mention of CrossFit on the Reebok website? Especially after such a big event as the games? Seems like a good time and place to increase awareness about CF to people outside of the community.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #162
Struan Potter

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
I just wonder why there is no mention of CrossFit on the Reebok website? Especially after such a big event as the games? Seems like a good time and place to increase awareness about CF to people outside of the community.
It's on the UK site? Link deleted. You must indicate whether your links are Work and Family Safe (WFS)
Old 08-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #163
Greg Pellegrini

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Europa View Post
Steve,
it's good to know that there are people on the inside who seem to genuinely care about the community.
If you look at the first few videos and articles about Reebok joining up with Crossfit, they say that the whole movement began with employees of Reebok who were doing Crossfit.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #164
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

An interesting tidbit I picked up out of the following article - http://running.competitor.com/2011/0...ulture_34473/4 (wfs)

Quote:
A half a day into the Games Reebok reported having already sold $70,000 worth of product. Throughout the weekend, the booth, selling mostly a new line of Crossfit apparel and shoes, was clogged with shoppers. While the Crossfit.com forum in the preceding months didn’t hold back with outrage at the idea of a Reebok CrossFit t-shirt for $50, prices didn’t slow down the crowd in Carson.
We're famous
Old 08-09-2011, 06:13 PM   #165
Ian Girvan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Roth View Post
An interesting tidbit I picked up out of the following article - http://running.competitor.com/2011/0...ulture_34473/4 (wfs)

We're famous

I noticed they haven't made any mention of sales from the online store
Old 08-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #166
Mark Wood

Profile:

Lynne, i hope this is the case, shipping is already high to AUS. Can't justify buying clothes for that much, when reebok was sold in K-mart over here for a fraction of the price.

I also liked the old black/grey WOD shorts and have been waiting since the last set went out of stock (approx a year ago). Then they bring out reebok branded shorts, with an unreadable logo.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #167
Steve Loeding

Profile:

It looks like some of the angst regarding Reebok starting their own gyms may be unfounded. It was my belief that they would be sponsering existing gyms - such as CrossFit Chiang Mai - and that's just what they are doing. I think it's a very good thing, esp for those CrossFit affiliates that exist in areas that don't know much about CrossFit.

Mark, Let us know how the relationship works and keep us up to date
Old 08-13-2011, 03:49 AM   #168
Mark Ritchie

Profile:

Steve:

Will do. The GM seems like a great guy, and I'm going to be putting together a proposal to him in the next few days. I'll let folks know when/what happens.

-Mark
Old 02-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #169
Peter Villa

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: CrossFit - Reekbok Apparel...

I have to say, Reebok being involved, is really not scaring me at all. If you guys would like to check it out, we started (W/FS) www.ReDefineFit.com pretty recently, and we're doing ok.

The fact that Reebok is not willing to sponsor Athletes (only a few select ones), allows for us little guys to step up to the plate. Also, out of all the competitions we see, how many is Reebok actually involved in?? Smaller companies get involved in as many as we can. Reebok takes their pick. Not cool.

They're forgetting about the grassroots that help built this sport. Huge commericals are great, but in our sport, it's about helping the guy next to you when it matters most. Just my thoughts on the huge brand involvement. #LiveReDefined
Old 02-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #170
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Four posts in the last 24 hours after not posting since August, and they all happen to be hyping your brand...you might want to lay off a bit.