CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
Michael Halbfish

Profile:
Bootcamp Resource-- Inner Circle Bootcamp

The Inner Circle Bootcamp.
In preparation for the bootcamp classes that I am teaching and for opening my own Bootcamp, I have been exploring all of the internet resources that I can find. One of the best resources that I have found is the Bootcamp Inner Circle. It is kind of like a Master Resource that leads me to whatever else I need. I believe the link is generally w/f/s http://thefitnessbootcampinnercircle.com however, content is always changing. The site has a variety of free resources and additional resources if you join the inner circle.

While it is not Crossfit specific, many of the workouts and approaches are consistent with a Crossfit style of training. More importantly we share many common issues with other bootcamp operators such as our needs for insurance, websites, and marketing.

The bootcamp includes a community forum, assistance with starting a community blog, and a fantastic resource library. While I have yet to explore the discounts, they also advertise product discounts for members on everything from E-Books to fitness gear and equipment.

The forum currently includes sections for Bootcamp Marketing, Bootcamp workouts-exercises, Bootcamp websites, Fitness Business Development, Private Projects and joint ventures (lots of networking and collaboration), Personal Training Business, Certifications, Insurance, etc.,

There is a section on the site with downloads. It currently includes at least 165 files (articles, reports, audios, visuals). Downloads include marketing materials, movements screens, dynamic warm-ups, sample workouts, cheap/guerilla marketing methods, advice about creating affiliate income, doing fitness presentations, using social media (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc.), bootcamp forms (ie contracts), website advice, sales advice, and more. There is a separate section of articles. Currently, there are 33 articles dealing with both the business aspect of running a bootcamp and the training aspect of doing a bootcamp. There is a clear recognition that running a bootcamp is about more than merely training people. Bootcamps are about creating a fun supportive community where people reach their goals.

One of my favorite features is the featured blog section. It includes lots of videos of exercises, circuits and workouts. There is also a bootcamp workout of the day posted.

The site is updated frequently and easy to navigate. Hopefully, some of you will join me on their forums.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
Dolph Geurds

Profile:
Re: Bootcamp Resource-- Inner Circle Bootcamp

great info. I just started a "bootcamp" which I have renamed group fitness. Some of the people I talked to did not want to partake in a bootcamp, however when I explained to them that it was more like group training they got on board. Thanks for the info
Old 03-11-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
Sam Ser

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Geurds View Post
great info. I just started a "bootcamp" which I have renamed group fitness. Some of the people I talked to did not want to partake in a bootcamp, however when I explained to them that it was more like group training they got on board. Thanks for the info
i just started a group fitness class, and i, too, avoided the term boot camp. so many people here serve in the army that i thought it would be insulting to call my class a boot camp. i call it training camp, and i tell my clients to think of themselves as athletes. it's a much more positive approach, i think. i mean, who WANTS to go through boot camp?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:06 AM   #4
Sam Ser

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Halbfish View Post
The Inner Circle Bootcamp.
In preparation for the bootcamp classes that I am teaching and for opening my own Bootcamp, I have been exploring all of the internet resources that I can find. One of the best resources that I have found is the Bootcamp Inner Circle. It is kind of like a Master Resource that leads me to whatever else I need. I believe the link is generally w/f/s http://thefitnessbootcampinnercircle.com however, content is always changing. The site has a variety of free resources and additional resources if you join the inner circle.

While it is not CrossFit specific, many of the workouts and approaches are consistent with a CrossFit style of training. More importantly we share many common issues with other bootcamp operators such as our needs for insurance, websites, and marketing.

The bootcamp includes a community forum, assistance with starting a community blog, and a fantastic resource library. While I have yet to explore the discounts, they also advertise product discounts for members on everything from E-Books to fitness gear and equipment.

The forum currently includes sections for Bootcamp Marketing, Bootcamp workouts-exercises, Bootcamp websites, Fitness Business Development, Private Projects and joint ventures (lots of networking and collaboration), Personal Training Business, Certifications, Insurance, etc.,

There is a section on the site with downloads. It currently includes at least 165 files (articles, reports, audios, visuals). Downloads include marketing materials, movements screens, dynamic warm-ups, sample workouts, cheap/guerilla marketing methods, advice about creating affiliate income, doing fitness presentations, using social media (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc.), bootcamp forms (ie contracts), website advice, sales advice, and more. There is a separate section of articles. Currently, there are 33 articles dealing with both the business aspect of running a bootcamp and the training aspect of doing a bootcamp. There is a clear recognition that running a bootcamp is about more than merely training people. Bootcamps are about creating a fun supportive community where people reach their goals.

One of my favorite features is the featured blog section. It includes lots of videos of exercises, circuits and workouts. There is also a bootcamp workout of the day posted.

The site is updated frequently and easy to navigate. Hopefully, some of you will join me on their forums.
i have to say that i completely disagree with this.

michael, i registered for the free parts of this site on your suggestion. IMHO, this site is W-E-A-K and appeals to a totally different crowd than crossfit does. my impression from the posts is that the classes being offered by forum members are nowhere near as beneficial as crossfit workouts, even when scaled considerably, and that the amount of knowledge on that site is rather poor in comparison to this and other forums.

also, while the pay section ($9.95/month or $99/month) may have lots of resources, the free section has practically nothing of value. compare that to the volumes of free material available here, and there's really no reason to spend time over "there." actually, i got the distinct impression from the forum that the site was really (or at least partly) intended as just another way for the owner to market more of her own (unnecessary) e-books and other products.

...i say this not as someone who has a vested interest in crossfit -- i have none -- but as someone who, like you, is developing a boot camp and wants it to be the best it can be.