CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-04-2008, 08:25 AM   #11
Justin McGinley

Profile:
Re: This is BS

SS as RX'd is 3 days of lifting and ZERO metcon, cardio, ect.

You aren't going to gain weight by zoning and doing 4.5-6 hours of Kung Fu a week.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:26 AM   #12
Justin Algera

Profile:

Gaining mass is as much a routine as losing fat for those of us who have that problem, and can sometimes be more difficult. Fact is the Zone is a weight loss diet, that also is proven to be very good for performance, but probably not the best idea for gain mass and strength. If you dont like the idea of drinking that much milk, just eat similar calories in meats and other dairy products. Any excuse to eat a crap-ton of meat sounds good to me.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #13
Jonathan Edwards

Profile:

You can try to do the 1/2 gallon a day like me. My guess would be that you're not getting enough calories and the kung-fu isn't helping also. With that said, I'm off to do my workout then gobble down some milk!
Old 06-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #14
Derek Franks

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajib Ghosh View Post
I'm increasing the weights on SS about 5 lbs for the squats, 10 for deads, and about 2 1/2 for shoulder presses and bench and I would raise it less if i knew where to buy smaller weights
Go buy some 2" washers at a fastener store. The ones I picked up came out to 10 ounces each. That works out to 1 1/4 pounds per pair. They're cheap and give you alot of options for smaller weight jumps.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #15
Rajib Ghosh

Profile:

Ok...my personality always could change the next minute soo with all this in mind I made a new goal. I realized that although more muslce mass would look better I'm actually perfectly fine with the way I am now. + I don't work in law enforcement or play any college sports so its not really a requisite and all I want to do is be healthy. I thought the zone diet was the 'perfect way' to eat but I think it really is a fat loss program. So now that I (gulp) am quitting SS and just doing crossfit since I just love it so much and thats all I really care about so is there other diets that are as highly spoke of as 'the zone' but without losing weight. Just increase fat blocks? Paleo diet? I really think I'm going to go with the best diet that ever existed, liisteneing to your body...
Old 06-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #16
Damon Stewart

Profile:

Keep your blocks at 16-17 and double your fat. If that doesn't work triple it. I do a 6 week strength cycle twice a year in the interest of gaining mass/strength and nothing beats milk. I hadn't drank milk since 1993 and did 6 weeks of 1/2 gallon/day. Gained 12lbs, kept 7 of it once I started Zoning/CF again.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:09 PM   #17
Rajib Ghosh

Profile:

I Usually get my fat blocks from almonds which I buy in bulk for a Indian store. So if I was to double my fat intake that would be 30 almonds extra per 5 block meal 5 times a day so thats 150 almonds a day! but you say to drop it down to 16-17 according to my own calculations but that is still about 100 almonds a day, and they are very expensive (like all good fats).
Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #18
Nick Hanson

Profile:

Quote:
I Usually get my fat blocks from almonds which I buy in bulk for a Indian store. So if I was to double my fat intake that would be 30 almonds extra per 5 block meal 5 times a day so thats 150 almonds a day! but you say to drop it down to 16-17 according to my own calculations but that is still about 100 almonds a day, and they are very expensive (like all good fats).
Rajib, I am as guilty of this as anyone, but you really need to get your fat from other sources. Coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil, butter, those are all good alternatives. Heck, Scott Kustes of http://www.modernforager.com wfs even uses lard for most of his fat. Be diverse in your fat intake. It can only help. Plus, I find that when I eat that many nuts it really messes up my digestive track.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #19
Emily Mattes

Profile:

Quote:
Ok...my personality always could change the next minute soo with all this in mind I made a new goal. I realized that although more muslce mass would look better I'm actually perfectly fine with the way I am now. + I don't work in law enforcement or play any college sports so its not really a requisite and all I want to do is be healthy. I thought the zone diet was the 'perfect way' to eat but I think it really is a fat loss program. So now that I (gulp) am quitting SS and just doing crossfit since I just love it so much and thats all I really care about so is there other diets that are as highly spoke of as 'the zone' but without losing weight. Just increase fat blocks? Paleo diet? I really think I'm going to go with the best diet that ever existed, liisteneing to your body...
So let me get this straight. You pick a program, don't stick to it, get frustrated, post a bunch of questions, people post helpful answers, you ignore them, and then decide to change your program entirely. On top of that, you freely admit this is a cycle you repeat, and plan on repeating, often.

Good to know you are a waste of time.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #20
Tom Woodward

Profile:

Quote:
So now that I (gulp) am quitting SS...
Technically you never started.

+1 Emily