CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 06-13-2008, 07:30 AM   #41
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:
Re: Video Games

David, I have both KOTOR and they are a blast. But shouldn't you be spending your money on milk?
Old 06-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #42
Derek Maffett

Profile:

The first game was good, not so much the second.

I think the best thing to come out of Lucas Arts recently was Republic Commando. I don't have very high hopes for Force Unleashed - the Jedi Knight series/format makes mostly mediocre games.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #43
Victor Putz

Profile:

Enjoyed Kotor2 myself, although they very obviously ran out of funding and schedule at the end (it's very much a "...and then the funding ran out" sort of ending). But both, imho, were limited by the Star Wars license. Bioware's recent effort, Mass Effect, is a great game with a fairly unoriginal story but at least their own intellectual property, and it feels a ton more original. Unfortunately the PC version has many technical problems right now, so you may want to wait for a patch.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #44
Jason Tanner

Profile:

Leeeeerooyy Jenkinns!!!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #45
Andres Gordo

Profile:

I didn't know this many people in Crossfit liked games, in PC I play Insurgency, is a modification of Half life 2, it is a game that is super realistic (1 shot kill) and is basically on the war thats going on right now, you can play as marines or Insurgents (iraquis). I can't really play more games because I'm in a laptop that has the worst and i'm not kidding the worst video card ever. Soon I will get a new computer that will be able to better though.
I like GTA IV too though.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #46
Robin Owens

Profile:

For Father's Day my wife got me a Gamebike. It hools to a playstation and all the racing games can be played on it. The pedaling is the accelerator and the handle bars steer. It is awesome. A blast so far.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:04 PM   #47
David Stitz

Profile:

I used to play a bunch in gradeschool and highschool. Now I just bum time off of my friends PS3 and 360. Anyone played Ninja Gaiden for either of those two systems? Good lord was that fun!
Old 06-19-2008, 04:15 PM   #48
Dan Kapelus

Profile:

Im waiting for someone to invent a Crossfit game for Nintendo Wii.

Could be a souped-up version of World Championship Track and Field for original NES, with the power pad.

For me, I am all old school: Tetris, Contra and Mario 3 for NES all the way.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #49
Elliot Fuller

Profile:

I have all the major consoles except PS3, and the only games I've played amongst them in the last year have been GTA IV, and COD4. I beat COD4 in a few nights, and didn't really catch on to the multiplayer. So now aside from the occasional hour or two of GTA IV (and Wii golf... fun fun), my consoles pretty much just gather dust.

I occasionally play Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source on the PC, but not very often anymore.

Played WoW for 3 months a couple years ago and could not understand, for the life of me, how anyone can get into it.

Other than that, my hardcore gaming phase ended about 3 years ago... very sad
Old 06-20-2008, 01:24 AM   #50
Cal Jones

Profile:

I know about the whole MMO addiction thing - I lost seven years of my life to Ultima Online, at least half of that unemployed as I was too hooked on it to get off my butt and find a new job. My ex-UO friends are on at me to join Age of Conan (which looks very good, admittedly) but I'm wary of stepping off that particular cliff again.

Being an ex-games journalist, games have been a huge part of my life for a long time and still account for the bulk of my leisure time. However, I find myself gravitating back to older RPGs (mainly the Black Isle ones - Baldur's Gate series, Planescape, Fallout etc) because newer games, though prettier, don't have the narrative depth I'm looking for. Of course, blamming someone with a rocket launcher is still good, clean therapeutic fun.