CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 03-17-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
Drew Laurens

Profile:
I couldn't ask for a better website.

A lot of people I know ask me how to get in shape. It used to be I'd sit down and talk with them and give them specific advice for their specific goals, whether it was toning they were looking for or more muscle or endurance, et cetera. Now I just say, "Crossfit.com. It has everything you need to know. If you want a partner, or motivation, or a guided workout, or whatever, come talk to me, but as far as the concepts and the exercises and routine go, crossfit.com will provide. They can even show you how to do it, and it's all for free."

I did my first true WOD as prescribed yesterday (Nicole; until yesterday I'd been doing scaled WODs for two weeks), and knocked out 95 pull-ups, then added ten more after time ran out. I've never done that many pull-ups in a day before. I've never done that many push-ups in a day before. I didn't know it was possible, or that I was capable. And I wouldn't be, except that crossfit.com exists and it works.

So thank you, crossfit.com and everyone contributing. I'm a full-time student who never stopped working out, and now I've found the best way to get strong and stay strong. This is the way you've gotta do it. Nothing compares.

Thanks all.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
Travis Wendt

Profile:
Re: I couldn't ask for a better website.

Nice job, I'm new too, just started today. It's such a different style than i'm used to so, i almost visited Pukie on squats and dips. Would have been embarassing at the UofA Rec center...
Old 03-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
Derek Murrow

Profile:
Re: I couldn't ask for a better website.

I hear ya! I am such an advocate of this site and its principles that I tell everyone I know about it. I need to watch myself, because sometimes I can become a little overbearing on people that just don't get it.

My ex-girlfriend go so fed up with me talking about crossfit that she grew to hate it. Oh well, thats why she is my ex-girlfriend now!