CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 01-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
Bob Guere

Profile:
Easy Money

Ok, so I've been doing CF (scaled) for 3 out of the last 6 weeks. I tweaked my back and took a full 2 weeks off, plus holidays. Anyway, I'm back, and hope to continue my passion for this.

Today, I'm at work, and a handful of coworkers are talking about "The Biggest Loser", which my wife and I watch admittedly. So I'm listening and I catch that they all are pitching in $50 and are doing an office "Biggest Loser" , with the winner taking the dough, starting when one person returns from their cruise next week, and continuing until June 1st. I'm at 234 right now, only 5'10" and plan on losing at least 50 lbs over the next year, maybe not much more than that depending on muscle... but I QUICKLY signed up for their little game. It's based on percentage of total weight lost, like the TV show.

With the Zone and CF, how can I lose? Just had to share my financial windfall with you all.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
Leonid Soubbotine

Profile:
Re: Easy Money

Follow Zone and do CF - that's how you lose it.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
Patrick Donnelly

Profile:

Just be sure to tell them your secret once you win.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #4
Joe Cavazos

Profile:

If you're going for straight-up weight loss, would CF be the best choice? I mean, you've got those heavy lifting days. Wouldn't a metcon-only version of CF drop weight the quickest? Or maybe just running a whole lot?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #5
Bob Guere

Profile:

I should clarify, this little contest is secondary to my zoning and crossfitting. I'll reap much larger benefits than a few hundred bucks in longterm wellness. It just happened to fall into my lap, and I thought "hey, I'll take your money!".

Last edited by Bob Guere : 01-08-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #6
Frederic Giraud

Profile:

If the basis of the calculation is your weight, You shouldn't think you'll make win it that easy . If it was based on bodyfat % then I would agree with you!

I mean I kno you will lose a ton of fat, but you will also surely gain at least some muscle, and muscle weight more then fat, thus you might not lose THAT much. Of course it all depends on your current level.

And as it has been said previously, perhaps for a more fat burning aproach, you should more or less do only met-con types of workout.

ANyways, anyhow, all the best and good luck on that fat lost, your attitude is already the good one, now just get to it