CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
Charles Steven Ossenheimer

Profile:
I work in a rehab center with a studio specifically designed for personal training. However there is no pull up bar there and the owner doesnt have room for a station nor does he want any bolts to put in the door for a pull up bar. Was wondering what you guys think of this bar and how effective it would be??

http://www.karatedepot.com/tr-ex-40.html (W/F safe)

Im pretty sure you just place it on the thresh hold of the door frame.... Any thoughts?
Old 02-27-2007, 06:32 AM   #2
Jon Gilson

Profile:
Charles,

Anywhere in the studio you could hang one of my Again Faster Bars?

http://www.againfasterequipment.blogspot.com

Best,

Jon
Old 02-27-2007, 07:08 AM   #3
Jason Steele

Profile:
Oooh yeah, John I just added that bad boy to my equipment list, I currently do all my pullups on rings.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:46 AM   #4
Allen Yeh

Profile:
I had the opportunity to use one of Jon's AF bars at Jerry Hill's new Crossfit affiliate yesterday. Really nice I must say I definitely put it on my wish list.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
John Seiler

Profile:
Charles,

You defintely can't kip on those doorway models. Is the owner of your studio agreeable to any mods? If so, post some pics of the place. There are a lot of creative folks on the board.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:29 PM   #6
Charles Steven Ossenheimer

Profile:
Jon, that pull up bar looks great, its just i dont think i have anywhere to put.. i mean i might beable to hang it off the ceiling, but im afraid of the ceiling breaking..

John, ill take some pics of the place this weekend and try to post them up. I personally dont know how to post pics on the web like that (for i am computer illeterate). But my fiance knows how and ill have her to post it for me... Be looking for the pics this weekend
Old 02-28-2007, 06:31 AM   #7
Allen Yeh

Profile:
Charles,

Not sure how the setup is at your place but right now Jerry Hill is working his Crossfit Affiliate out of a BJJ place and what he did to hang the pullup bars and rings was take away some of the ceiling tiles and strap the bar to the beams overhead. Just a thought.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #8
Jon Gilson

Profile:
Allen,

Glad you like the Bar! Jerry was my first CF customer, and he's doing his best to single-handedly keep me in business!

Chas,

Check this out:

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/37490.jpg

It looks like Jerry removed some acoustical ceiling tiles to secure the bar to the structure above.

Just for the heck of it, I took some out of the ceiling at work to see what's up there--all kinds of stuff to hang an AF Bar off of.

As I've mentioned, these are bomb-proof pull-up Bars for very short money: $75, delivered anywhere in the lower 48.

If your boss can't go for that, you might need a new boss. :bangin:

Best,

Jon

http://www.againfasterequipment.blogspot.com