CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #11
Dan Graziano

Profile:
Re: Pre Morning CrossFit

I would do half serving of protein shake and some almonds or 1tsp of nut butter
Old 07-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #12
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

if i remember right from your other thread you were going to bed on an empty stomach with your last meal several hours before sleep. so you don't want to be working out without the energy you need to workout with maximum intensity. also i remember you are only working out 3 days a week, so that means even more that your workouts need to be hard. you should workout so hard that you need a day off inbetween workouts for full recovery. it's during the recovery that your body will make it's changes. so eat a good meal before your workouts so that you can push with maximum intensity. the extra calories it will burn both during and after your workouts will more than make up for it. also protein before a workout will increase metabolism and spare muscle breakdown, both of which are good. as far as goals, at this point you don't need to obsess of finding the perfect formula. you are high bodyfat and untrained. just eat clean and workout hard and you will see improvments quickly.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #13
Bill Simon

Profile:

Is something like 2 eggs better, or a 35 gm protein shake? I only wake up 1 hour before the workout starts.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #14
Marcus Allen

Profile:

Try them both. See which you like better/gets better results.

Also, on my AM work outs I'm in a fairly fasted state having last eaten 4-6 hours before bed. FWIW.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #15
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Bill, I'm not at all trying to be rude by saying this--but this thread and most of your others reek of "paralysis by analysis." There's no need to overthink things at this point...just come up with an approach that is sustainable for you from a mental and physical standpoint.

You're 40% bodyfat so pretty much anything you do in terms of eating better quality food in reasonable amounts and working out on a regular basis will get you results. Worry about fine-tuning stuff later on.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #16
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
Bill, I'm not at all trying to be rude by saying this--but this thread and most of your others reek of "paralysis by analysis." There's no need to overthink things at this point...just come up with an approach that is sustainable for you from a mental and physical standpoint.

You're 40% bodyfat so pretty much anything you do in terms of eating better quality food in reasonable amounts and working out on a regular basis will get you results. Worry about fine-tuning stuff later on.
exactly.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #17
Zane Jones

Profile:

Bill, try a cup of whole milk pre-workout if you can stomach it. Carbs, Fat, and Protein in one easy to consume glass.