CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 05-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #1
Danny Bostwick

Profile:
Thrombossed Hemerrhoid -- Ouch...

Allrighty. First off, if you have something like, "Be a man and pop it and quite being a little girl" to say, just stop. You've obviously never had one, or your a marine who had one in Iraq, and I am just not as tough as you. In which case, respect.

Also, disclaimer, this is gross, I apologize, if you have a weak stomach, don't google image this thing.

So, Saturday morning, I drank my coffee, had my morning glory, ate some breakfast and cruised off to the gym. I felt something kinda funky back there, but it wasn't painful, or really bothersome, just there. I kinda felt like crap, kinda nauseous, ate bad the night before, you know. Went in, did 3RFT, 400M run, 10FS (185), 50 DU. Then did a clean complex, some chest to bar practice, and week 5.1 of Hatch. So, a pretty good amount of stuff.

Then got in the car, drove 2.5 hours for some work stuff, then 2.5 hours back. That night, I felt like someone thumb was stuck up my butt and pulling it to the side. Monday morning, things were really bad. Went to a walk-in clinic, he told me I had a thrombossed hemorrhoid and the blood clot needed to be removed. Cool, just do it, this sucks. Fast forward through some of the worst pain of my life, and 2 days on the couch, this thing sucks. I can move around today, will try going for a walk in a bit. Maybe some bench or strict pull-ups tomorrow.

Anywho, it feels like the hemorrhoid is still there, and still pretty painful. Definitely not debilitating, but I sure ain't squattin' today. Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this, recovery time, how long it took to get back to full force, diggin' in.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #2
Tighe Crovetti

Profile:
Re: Thrombossed Hemerrhoid -- Ouch...

OK, so never had that problem, specifically, but did go through some mild issues with the same general area. My best recommendation is using this stuff called Calmoseptine. After you go, and the area is clean, apply a small amount, it soothes and cools the skin, just seems to "bring everything back down," if you have any irritation or vascular stress going on. I get it at Walgreens.