CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #11
Jayme Gruber

Profile:
Re: Oly shoes?

I bought a pair of Reebok OLYs and had to return them because of the size. I originally bought them from the Reebok website and the shipping took over a week. Does anyone have experience ordering these from somewhere that ships a little quicker?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
Steven Nedorolik

Profile:

I picked up Asics (yeah) Lift Trainer a few months back for about $70. I figured I'd give em a go and they're not bad for a starter shoe. They're very flexible in the forefoot like the reeboks, but at half the price.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #13
Patrick Rushbrook

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
If you're going to look into the powerlift trainers there are some things to consider. Some people jump all over those because of the price. Just be aware that the heel is EVA foam and not a non compressible material like wood or polymer. The heel height is also quite a bit lower than a standard o-lifting shoe. Not saying they're bad shoes. Just be aware of these differences.
A valid concern for sure. I read that in a few different places before I bought mine, but I would think it would take a considerable amount of weight to cause any significant compression. The soles are hard as a rock. Unless the OP is squatting way up there I don't think he'd have a problem. Even then, I'd be surprised if it really makes much of a difference. Not trying to start a debate or anything.

I went back and forth over the heel height too, but eventually decided that these are my first pair and I'm not even squatting over 300 yet so it's not a big deal. I was actually going to order the Wei Rui Warrior but they were on back order.

If a higher heel on my next pair makes even more of a difference then I'm happy to wait on the surprise as long as I progress with the trainers.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #14
Christopher D Lee

Profile:

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone waiting for the Romaleos 2 that the shoes are in stock at Rogue right now. There a lot of sizes available.

Weightlifting Shoes @ Rogue (WFS)