CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 01-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Aaron James Stone

Profile:
Newcomer

Hello my names Aaron. I'm 22 from California. I work out at a box here in in well a box haha were surrounded by mOuntains. I started crossfit about 3 months ago. I've done those workouts like insanity and p90x but they never really got interesting. I enjoy competition and time frames. Also the environment. My first month at the box I go to I went I think 2 times the entire month. Second month I went like 3 times a week . I have goals of toning up and lossing a bit of chub I have I'm 5 foot 9 at 175. I wanna get down to like 165 at a healthy mass over fat. I'm starting the paleo diet so should help. I believe I'm rambling but i digress hello everone
Old 01-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
Aaron James Stone

Profile:
Re: Newcomer

I did have some questions now that i think about it,

1. Im having issues with waking up in the morning to go, What i mean is my job sometimes requires i work until midnight most nights. And start at 3Pm. So the issue is that i dont get to bed till 2-3 AM and i sometimes dont wake up until 11. I set multiple alarms and i sleep right through them most times haha, Im thinking it might be that im still drinking Energy drinks. Im trying to get myself off of them but that takes a bit of time. So heres the question, Has anyone had this issue before and how did you get past the Unmotivation to wake up at 8 or 9 am?

2. Im trying to get this diet rolling cause i want to get cut and lean but i am hooked on certain things ive been changing my diet slowly as the box owner said 30/80 - 50/50 - 80/30 then a full 100% change but i keep buying the same things. I work at a grocery store so i have the veriety to have anything i want at reach. What are good snacks / dinners to go with that would keep me semi full for the time being so i dont get cravings for any sweets or fatty foods?

3. I have been doing cross for about 3 months, what is a safe amount of days to go a week? I think i have not been pushing myself lately and i havnt been as sore lately, still soreness just not too bad. I want results fast like any person but i understand they dont come by tomorrow, i just need some input. Im going about 3-4 times a week atm.

I think thats all for now.