CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 08-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #1121
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:
Re: Sharknado

DLB luv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4-Wc0eu1qo

Language, so semi NWFS

Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #1122
Adam Carlson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
Glock 21, a model of pistol

conceal, I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon

AIWB, Appendix inside the waist band, a carry position.

This isn't me but very close to the model and position (see attached). The model I am carrying is a .45 and considered a large frame Glock. It can also be chambered in 10mm for hunting or as a woods gun with the proper parts swapped. I am am more than happy to entertain any questions you might have.
Thanks!

What kind of 'trial' are you working on? Is it just getting used to carrying a larger Glock in that way? Or is this part of some other form of training?

Thank you for your answers!

Old 08-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #1123
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Carlson View Post
Thanks!

What kind of 'trial' are you working on? Is it just getting used to carrying a larger Glock in that way? Or is this part of some other form of training?

Thank you for your answers!
Well, if you must know I usually carry a Glock 19 or a Glock 17 I cut the grip on to take 19 magazines. The 9 mm and .40 caliber Glocks are small frames that share the same frame, slide, and a host of other things, alike. The 21 and 20 are large frames that are alike as the small frame Glocks are. Recently, it appears to me that I have better consistency in my presentation of my Glock 21 than the smaller framed guns, even though they small frames feel "better" in my hand. The trial is just a try out at carrying a full size combat gun and this weekend I will be using a shot timer to track if I am indeed faster with this gun.

FYI the 17 is Glock's full sized 9mm and the 19 is the compact. For some reason they do not make a compact .45, only a sub-compact..... If they made a 4" .45 That held 10 rounds I would be all over it. Long have die hard .45ACP fans wanted Glock to make a small frame .45 that held fewer rounds. The 21 is a brick. It doesn't feel very good, and the slide and frame are wider making it tougher to conceal (the 21 was probably never dreamed of for this purpose). All of my Glocks have been modified by myself to have their finger grooves removed, re-textured, scallops cut for magazine extraction, and the trigger guards under cut to prevent Grock knuckle. Other wise I leave them stock inside. Ergos are the only thing I touch....oh the sights too. I use Ameriglo Defoor sights on all of them. They are .155" rear sights with .115" fronts. On my 17 I am trialing a .090" to see how that affects things. Wider rear sights will offer faster aim, but degrade accuracy some. Standard is usually .125-.140". Thinner front sight posts can do several things if you use them correctly but general rule is bigger front sights are easier to see but a thinner blade is more accurate. Consider though, that a thinner front sight in a wider rear sight may be counter productive for accuracy and that is what I am testing, if the 0.090" is going to help me or hurt me in my endeavors.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #1124
Adam Carlson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
Well, if you must know I usually carry a Glock 19 or a Glock 17 I cut the grip on to take 19 magazines. The 9 mm and .40 caliber Glocks are small frames that share the same frame, slide, and a host of other things, alike. The 21 and 20 are large frames that are alike as the small frame Glocks are. Recently, it appears to me that I have better consistency in my presentation of my Glock 21 than the smaller framed guns, even though they small frames feel "better" in my hand. The trial is just a try out at carrying a full size combat gun and this weekend I will be using a shot timer to track if I am indeed faster with this gun.

FYI the 17 is Glock's full sized 9mm and the 19 is the compact. For some reason they do not make a compact .45, only a sub-compact..... If they made a 4" .45 That held 10 rounds I would be all over it. Long have die hard .45ACP fans wanted Glock to make a small frame .45 that held fewer rounds. The 21 is a brick. It doesn't feel very good, and the slide and frame are wider making it tougher to conceal (the 21 was probably never dreamed of for this purpose). All of my Glocks have been modified by myself to have their finger grooves removed, re-textured, scallops cut for magazine extraction, and the trigger guards under cut to prevent Grock knuckle. Other wise I leave them stock inside. Ergos are the only thing I touch....oh the sights too. I use Ameriglo Defoor sights on all of them. They are .155" rear sights with .115" fronts. On my 17 I am trialing a .090" to see how that affects things. Wider rear sights will offer faster aim, but degrade accuracy some. Standard is usually .125-.140". Thinner front sight posts can do several things if you use them correctly but general rule is bigger front sights are easier to see but a thinner blade is more accurate. Consider though, that a thinner front sight in a wider rear sight may be counter productive for accuracy and that is what I am testing, if the 0.090" is going to help me or hurt me in my endeavors.
I've always known that all things go deeper than what they appear, so it's cool to read this information that goes beyond the usual 'point at bad guys and shoot' from the movies. Faster aiming but potentially lower accuracy vs slower aim and better accuracy, ergonomics, round capacity, etc. are all so far outside of my understanding of guns, but now that I know about them, I'll be looking at things much more differently when I watch movies and such.

Maybe I'll need to hop over the pond to meet up with some of the guys on this board to go hunting some day

Old 08-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #1125
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Paulo, generally I start singles around 275. 135X5-10, 185x5-7 unless I skip it. 225X3, 255/265x2. I have gone 225 then 315 but it's a bit rough. Max is 380 but I'd say typically I only hit 90-95%.

Sometimes I may just sit in the bottom, bounce or do 1 1/4 squats instead to get warmed up with the lower weights.

In other news, I did absolutely jack **** today. In fact I didn't get off the couch till nearly 4 because I finally had to take a ****. And I finally went to get something to eat around 5.

Absolute laziness nearly. Had a walk, got some ice cream. Ate a pint, then ate some more. There goes my diet.

Sugar=insulin spike. Don't need steroids, insulin is pretty damn anabolic.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #1126
Cody Lichtenwalner

Profile:

Mmm gun talk. I miss my cz75bd. And I hate this getting up with a baby in the middle of the night. I was out of these woods with my first kid, why did I do this to myself again? At least it gives me time to surf for funny pictures on the internet. And dirty ones

Old 08-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #1127
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Odd video, Bill. She has a nice *** though I would miss her boobs. Well, besides needing some darkness and enough drinks and probably a crapton of bengay and icyhot the next day.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:31 AM   #1128
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Bill, I wanna get a Glock 30 for off duty (in an ankle holster). I currently carry a Kahr 9mm on my ankle, but since we carry .45's at work (M&P .45's), I wanna stick with the same caliber. Glocks are my favorite handguns, but the M&P's are very nice also.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:56 AM   #1129
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Carlson View Post
What does that mean? I'm pretty curious.

Growing up and living in Japan, I don't have much of an understanding of firearms, hunting, or anything that goes along with that, even though I'm a US citizen. I would love to learn more, and in really interested in learning how to hint, both with a rifle and with a bow
if you want to learn about hunting just give me a holler. that is one thing i do know.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:58 AM   #1130
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

i am more of a springfield armory guy myself... XDm or XDs travels. wife has a kimber by the bed.