CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 11-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
Michelle Carter

Profile:
At Large Nutrition RESULTS Question

I just started taking this product yesterday after reading up on it for a few weeks. I'm excited to see how it will help me increase my lifts. My question is, when is the best time to take it? I know on the tub it mentions it should be taken post workout for fat loss. However, I have read accounts of people taking it about an hour pre-workout. Does it matter? Also, where would protein shakes play into the equation while taking RESULTS? Prior to RESULTS I had been taking a post-wod shake (TruNutrition Sciencs "Trutein") with some glutamine and creatine mixed in.

If background info is needed...my goal is to increase strength. I crossfit 5 days/week with 3 days being more strength and power focused and the other 2 being metcons. I'm 5'3", 123lbs and 17.5% BF. Physically, I'm pretty happy with where I'm at so gaining/losing weight isn't really a concern so much as gaining strength.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: At Large Nutrition RESULTS Question

Post-workout is the preferred time so the quick carbs, HMB, creatine, and beta alanine can help with your recovery. I typically mix my protein in with it for my post-workout shakes....one scoop of Nitrean+ with two scoops of Results gives you a 2:1 carb to protein ratio, and if you mix strawberry protein with the fruit punch of blueberry Results it tastes pretty good.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
Michelle Carter

Profile:

Thank you! I appreciate the info.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
Chris Mason

Profile:

Also be sure to take it 7 days per week. On training days PWO as mentioned. On off days take it with a meal. Let me know what you think in about 10 days.

Oh, and the protein product you are using is a good one. Take 2 scoops PWO. You can mix it with RESULTS or drink them separately.

Thank you for your business!

Oh, and for anyone here that might order, don't forget to use the code CFF to save 10%.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
Michelle Carter

Profile:

I just wanted to update you, Chris. I have been taking results now for 15 days, and so far I really like your product. I have definitely noticed a difference in how I feel during my workouts. My times have gotten a bit quicker and I have felt much stronger in my WODs. I haven't maxed out yet on any lifts (that's not on schedule for another week or so), but when working at 80% and 90% of my 1RM, I have noticed that they felt much easier than before. It was especially apparent when doing deadlifts yesterday. I was able to do touch-and-go for 5 sets of 5 reps at 80% when before I would have to drop at the top.
My weight has only gone up about 1.5lbs since taking, but I don't know if that is attributed to the Results use or the holidays. Either way, not really concerned. Just happy with what I've noticed so far. Thanks for making such a great product!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
Chris Mason

Profile:

Thank you Michelle! You are taking it daily, even on off days, correct?
Old 11-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
Michelle Carter

Profile:

That is correct. I did miss taking it on Thanksgiving, but have been taking it regularly otherwise- even on off days.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
Jason Fleury

Profile:

Just got Nitrean+ and Results and looking forward to starting it. Question: I plan on taking Results and Nitrean+ everyday. I know At Large mentions that you can take Nitrean+ at half doses on non trainning days. I take that to mean 2 scoops PWO and 1 scoop on off days. Sound right? Question 2: I plan to mix Results with Nitrean+ on workout days (2 scoops of each). Should I plan of 2 scoops of Results on off days as well.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #9
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

I'd say the # of Nitrean scoops you take on a non-training day would mostly depend on whether you need the extra protein and calories or not. I still go with 2 scoops on rest days because I use it as a meal replacement or snack.

As for Results...yes, you want to take it every day so you get the full benefit from the creatine, HMB, and beta alanine.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
Chris Mason

Profile:

What Eric said . One additional thing, I've don't believe I have ever said you need to use Nitrean+ on off days? If you don't eat within 3 hours or so of bed I recommend one scoop, but it isn't necessary just as taking it PWO isn't necessary, it is more of a convenience factor. RESULTS on the other hand needs to be taken daily.