CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #211
Carolina Villalon

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Dating

I agree any CF event whether at your affiliate or any other affiliate, spartan race, mud runs, parks w/trails, anything related to working out and fitness....I hang out in all these places
Old 03-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #212
Dave Traeger

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton Canaday View Post
Interesting thread...Anybody near Columbia, SC? I would go to the gyms in town but I simply can't afford it at the moment (grad school).
It's probably offtopic for the thread, but anyway I recognised your name from the CFFB daily logs. Don't you work out at home with your own gear? If so, why on earth would you want to go to the gym in town, i could think of nothing worse.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #213
Dimitri Dziabenko

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Moore View Post
I run a matchmaking service that focuses on the CF community. I know we are passionate about our unique lifestyle. So, we want lovers who share our beliefs. I want to introduce fitness fanatics to each other so they can make little CF'ers.
Feel free to get in touch through our site: We do not allow advertising here
Hahaha, I can just imagine the complaints section:

"She left me for someone with a bigger...squat."
Old 05-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #214
Clinton Canaday

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Traeger View Post
It's probably offtopic for the thread, but anyway I recognised your name from the CFFB daily logs. Don't you work out at home with your own gear? If so, why on earth would you want to go to the gym in town, i could think of nothing worse.
That's me. I haven't been active on the site lately while finally, after 4 years, addressing some flexibility asymmetry and trigger points. I really wish mobility was hammered from the get-go for Crossfit...Anyway, I workout at the university gyms, at least until August when I graduate. I would definitely give a CF gym another go if I was given the freedom to do what I want, when I want. That, to me, is far more valuable than having a coach or class. The one in town doesn't seem to have the time or space to allow it, unfortunately, and funding is an issue.

As for the thread topic...No Columbia, SC or nearby single women? Damn.

Last edited by Clinton Canaday : 05-20-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #215
Mara Rozitis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton Canaday View Post
That's me. I haven't been active on the site lately while finally, after 4 years, addressing some flexibility asymmetry and trigger points. I really wish mobility was hammered from the get-go for Crossfit...Anyway, I workout at the university gyms, at least until August when I graduate. I would definitely give a CF gym another go if I was given the freedom to do what I want, when I want. That, to me, is far more valuable than having a coach or class. The one in town doesn't seem to have the time or space to allow it, unfortunately, and funding is an issue.
(
Uhh....That's exactly why you SHOULD go to formal classes. Any good affiliate will stress mobility as a main part of GPP. Doing "what you want" is probably not the best way to address weaknesses, particularly with mobility, which few of us make into a priority.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #216
Clinton Canaday

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara Rozitis View Post
Uhh....That's exactly why you SHOULD go to formal classes. Any good affiliate will stress mobility as a main part of GPP. Doing "what you want" is probably not the best way to address weaknesses, particularly with mobility, which few of us make into a priority.
Just a preference. By "what I want, when I want", I meant that I program for myself, which is not necessarily better or worse than programming of an affiliate, and I don't want to fight for time and space. A garage gym and video tape is better suited for me, I think.

As for mobility, I am making it a priority now that not doing so has come back to bite me, which means no heavy lifting...a huge, but necessary shot to the ego. I doubt an affiliate would have seen it coming. It took 4 years to appear.

Anyway, happy hunting.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #217
Collin Thompson

Profile:

I've seen the #'s on your posts on CFFB...I think I gain 5lbs on all my lifts just after reading your stuff.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #218
Clinton Canaday

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Thompson View Post
I've seen the #'s on your posts on CFFB...I think I gain 5lbs on all my lifts just after reading your stuff.
Haha, I appreciate it. I definitely won't be putting those numbers up again for a while, though.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #219
Collin Thompson

Profile:

Oh, how come?
Old 05-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #220
Clinton Canaday

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Thompson View Post
Oh, how come?
Ropey, tight muscles caused by years of poor mobility. Also going to retool squat for olympic A2A instead of powerlifting style. Right now, it's about 2hrs of mobility a day and maybe one strength component.

Probably better to talk about it on the CFFB board...Unless you happen to be a woman with a masculine name, haha.

Last edited by Clinton Canaday : 05-23-2012 at 10:18 AM.