CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
Christopher DeCosta

Profile:
I think this article has missed the entire point of Crossfit

Ok, not the entire point, but most of what it means to Crossfit

http://www.examiner.com/x-12711-Minn...minutes-a-week (WFS)

Load of crap.....cant believe they let some people write without proper research
Old 07-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
David S Shiroma

Profile:
Re: I think this article has missed the entire point of Crossfit

Too bad, though to be honest, at first glance, I certainly didn't think there was scaling in crossfit.

It took me a good 2 minutes to find out that I was supposed to tone the workouts back until I was strong/fast/capable of doing the WODs as Rx'd. You know.. 2 minutes of grueling mouse clicking work, but hey it was uber high intensity clicking that not everyone except those in their military-early-20s could do.

Seriously though, it did take me some time to figure out some of the conventions that makes crossfit reasonable and accessable to myeself and may of us on the boards.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

I know I shouldn't let someone so totally uninformed get to me, but that article just ticks me off. If I can wake my brain up, I'm writing him a letter. Hahaha, I was just LMAO at the idea that I must be a freaking "military, 20 something body." I'm going to send the idiot my photos.

ETA: Oooo, good, you can add comments at the bottom!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #4
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David S Shiroma View Post
2 minutes of grueling mouse clicking work, but hey it was uber high intensity clicking that not everyone except those in their military-early-20s could do.

You're awesome, David. You should post THAT to the comments.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

I posted a comment. Couldn't help myself. My kids woke me up at 4:30 am, so I'm grumpy. At least I tried to be intelligent and eloquent instead of just telling him to suck it.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
Scott Stevens

Profile:

Aww. So cute. He has literally no idea what he's talking about.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
Jay Adams

Profile:

I have two problems with this article, and negative press concerning cross fit in general.

1) The energy many of us (myself included) spend reading, ranting, commenting about and posting about inane articles and comments

2) The fact that more positive press is not making it out there. Where are all the writers?

I will hear the argument about not wanting to "waste time" trying to explain CF to people, but then can we really have beef when all that makes it to blogs is T-Nation and ***?
Old 07-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #8
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Adams View Post
I have two problems with this article, and negative press concerning cross fit in general.

1) The energy many of us (myself included) spend reading, ranting, commenting about and posting about inane articles and comments

2) The fact that more positive press is not making it out there. Where are all the writers?

I will hear the argument about not wanting to "waste time" trying to explain CF to people, but then can we really have beef when all that makes it to blogs is T-Nation and ***?
Well, I just consider the energy I spend (which, granted, hasn't been much so far) reading, ranting, commenting, etc. to be positive press. I "waste" a lot of time explaining CF to people, and so far, that time has gotten three of my friends interested in CF...two of whom have already been to my affiliate. And, I only started going to an affiliate a month ago. I guess what I end up saying to people about CF makes sense, and the fact that people who hear my little CF talk in person can see my body doesn't hurt. Grassroots postive press?
Old 07-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #9
Shane Skowron

Profile:

Tweak your back a bit sprinting up a hill with a 50-pound pack (crossfit.com), and you'll develop headaches, sleep poorly, and develop other aches and pains.

That's never been on crossfit.com.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #10
Joshua Murphy

Profile:

weak sauce. moving to S&N...

"Warp Spasm" courtesy of http://www.anne-madden.com/LeBPages/...bration21.html (WFS)