CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-17-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
Wil Li

Profile:  
Need Bumpers. Any good deals out there?

I am looking to buy some bumpers but the ones selling at suppliers are way to much to ask my parents for. I have searched on craigslist but can't find any bumper weight sets. I don't know where else to look really. Tried ebay but I want to find something lower. I keep on hearing crazy deals like 300 lbs of weights for $50. Has any hear deals like that? Anyay if you find something interesting please post here. Greatly appreciated.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
Jason Jamora

Profile:
Re: Need Bumpers. Any good deals out there?

Try searching the threads. There are plenty of posts about bumpers, where to get them and what prices you can expect. Personally, I like Wright equipment because of the great customer service and great prices I received when purchasing from them.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
Brian Solar

Profile:

There is really no way to get cheap bumpers. I would suggest saving up for a good quality set. Pendlay econ bumpers and wright bumpers are the cheapest I've seen.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
Arthur Butron

Profile:

After extensively researching the net for affordable bumpers which don't sacrifice quality, I would have to agree with the previous post. I'm just about ready to outfit my home gym and have pretty much decided on Wrights based on their pricing and reputation on the boards here.
Are there any Play it again stores nearby? I actually came across some used bumpers by Cap while checking out their Appollo kettlebells at the Santa Cruz location but passed on them.

Last edited by Arthur Butron : 05-17-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:27 AM   #5
Ron Hoover

Profile:

Play It Again is a really good option. You'll have a hard time finding used bumpers there, but still, it's worth trying while you're saving up. You might strike gold!

I agree with many posters on here that Wright Rubber is a great source and has excellent customer service. Rogue Fitness is another great source as well.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #6
Wil Li

Profile:  

I'll try play it again sport. I thnk they have some good Apollo bumpers. Doesn't Wright only ship to a certian places? I think they have a list there.

Last edited by Wil Li : 05-18-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
Ron Hoover

Profile:

I'm not saying this works 100% of the time, but sometimes if you develop a good relationship with the owner/manager of the Play It Agains, he or she will look out for used bumpers if and when they come thru the door.

It's not a certain bet, but sometimes, it's worth a try. It can't hurt.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:24 PM   #8
Wil Li

Profile:  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hoover View Post
I'm not saying this works 100% of the time, but sometimes if you develop a good relationship with the owner/manager of the Play It Agains, he or she will look out for used bumpers if and when they come thru the door.

It's not a certain bet, but sometimes, it's worth a try. It can't hurt.

You said to make friends with the owner/manager? How can I do that? Are they even there half of the time? I have never been to Play It Again Sport, kinda far from me.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #9
Brian Lawyer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Li View Post
I am looking to buy some bumpers but the ones selling at suppliers are way to much to ask my parents for. I have searched on craigslist but can't find any bumper weight sets. I don't know where else to look really. Tried ebay but I want to find something lower. I keep on hearing crazy deals like 300 lbs of weights for $50. Has any hear deals like that? Anyay if you find something interesting please post here. Greatly appreciated.
The only good deal on bumpers is if you live within a days drive of a distributor and you can drive and pick them up for about $1/pound saving on shipping.

Otherwise, the "crazy deals" you mentioned above apply to iron weights that you can almost always find on craigs list. I did buy a 300lb set of irons on CL for $50 recently. It even came with a cheap Cap barbell.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:56 AM   #10
Wil Li

Profile:  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Lawyer View Post
The only good deal on bumpers is if you live within a days drive of a distributor and you can drive and pick them up for about $1/pound saving on shipping.

Otherwise, the "crazy deals" you mentioned above apply to iron weights that you can almost always find on craigs list. I did buy a 300lb set of irons on CL for $50 recently. It even came with a cheap Cap barbell.
Do you pick it up from them or do they usually drop it off for you?