CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2009, 06:23 AM   #11
Kevin Drury
Member Kevin Drury is offline
 
Kevin Drury's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alexandria  VA
Posts: 48
Re: Zone Diet Spreadsheet

Excellent!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:40 AM   #12
Andrew Lang
Member Andrew Lang is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bronx  New York
Posts: 65
Re: Zone Diet Spreadsheet

i downloaded it but it says i need a converter to c it, is it not compatible with my mac or something?? what the f***
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:55 AM   #13
Andrew Benton
Member Andrew Benton is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wilmington  NC
Posts: 122
Re: Zone Diet Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Lang View Post
i downloaded it but it says i need a converter to c it, is it not compatible with my mac or something?? what the f***
It must have that anti-crappy OS mod :stir:
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:57 AM   #14
Peter Batze
Member Peter Batze is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nibe  Nordjylland
Posts: 18
Re: Zone Diet Spreadsheet

This thing is awesome. Seriously why isn't there a sticky thread with all this stuff? It would make a world of different for newcomers. Same goes with the xls file that Wheeler links to.

The Zone diet actually takes a lot of time to get going, especially if you're a family with kids.

Edit:
@Benton
Why do you even bother posting worthless posts like that. It doesn't help anything expect maybe to boost your own ego.

Edit 2:
When typing in my weight, should I type it in kilograms or lb?

Last edited by Peter Batze : 03-26-2009 at 07:02 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #15
Nathan Andreu
Affiliate Nathan Andreu is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Davidson  NC
Posts: 19
Re: Zone Diet Spreadsheet

Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't include units on the body stats page. Originally I was just using this for myself and hadn't planned on distributing it. The body fat caliper measurements should be in millimeters and the weight should be in US pounds. I'll probably add an option in the next revision to allow for different kinds of units. Let me know what you guys would like to see in there.

As far as compatibility with Mac, sorry I have no idea. The original file is in Excel 2007 format. Maybe I could save it as a CSV file for you? I believe that would work on a Mac but I don't know how it would affect the macros. Let me know if you want to give it a try.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #16
Andrew Lang
Member Andrew Lang is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bronx  New York
Posts: 65
Re: Zone Diet Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Andreu View Post
Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't include units on the body stats page. Originally I was just using this for myself and hadn't planned on distributing it. The body fat caliper measurements should be in millimeters and the weight should be in US pounds. I'll probably add an option in the next revision to allow for different kinds of units. Let me know what you guys would like to see in there.

As far as compatibility with Mac, sorry I have no idea. The original file is in Excel 2007 format. Maybe I could save it as a CSV file for you? I believe that would work on a Mac but I don't know how it would affect the macros. Let me know if you want to give it a try.
yea def, i have microsoft office for my mac but it says i need to download something for it to work. ill try the other way 1st, if it doesn't work ill just download whatever it is i need

thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:40 AM   #17
Peter Batze
Member Peter Batze is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nibe  Nordjylland
Posts: 18
Re: Zone Diet Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Andreu View Post
Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't include units on the body stats page. Originally I was just using this for myself and hadn't planned on distributing it. The body fat caliper measurements should be in millimeters and the weight should be in US pounds. I'll probably add an option in the next revision to allow for different kinds of units. Let me know what you guys would like to see in there.

As far as compatibility with Mac, sorry I have no idea. The original file is in Excel 2007 format. Maybe I could save it as a CSV file for you? I believe that would work on a Mac but I don't know how it would affect the macros. Let me know if you want to give it a try.
I would very much like if you could add more units.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #18
Ryan Stiefvater
Member Ryan Stiefvater is offline
 
Ryan Stiefvater's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Napa  CA
Posts: 49
Re: Zone Diet Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Lang View Post
yea def, i have microsoft office for my mac but it says i need to download something for it to work. ill try the other way 1st, if it doesn't work ill just download whatever it is i need

thanks
Follow the link and get the XML download from Microsoft. I just did it on my powerbook G4 and it opened just fine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #19
Nathan Andreu
Affiliate Nathan Andreu is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Davidson  NC
Posts: 19
Re: Zone Diet Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stiefvater View Post
Follow the link and get the XML download from Microsoft. I just did it on my powerbook G4 and it opened just fine.
Andrew, did this work for you or do you still need a CSV version of the file? Sorry I've been crazy busy. I did start a Rev C that has some nice improvements to the Body Stats page including options for different units. Hopefully I'll have some free time soon to finish it up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #20
Bill Russell
Affiliate Bill Russell is offline
 
Bill Russell's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cleveland  OH
Posts: 503
Re: Zone Diet Spreadsheet

Is there any way you could post a version compatible with excel 2003? Thanks.
__________________
Bill Russell - CrossFit Cleveland - RAW Fitness, LLC
CrossFit Cleveland website (W/F safe)
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which diet is more effective in given cases, Paleolithic diet or Zone diet? Nicolas Castonguay Nutrition 28 11-05-2007 02:34 PM
Zone Diet Critique: "The Zone Diet Phenomenon" Ben Moskowitz Nutrition 15 10-10-2007 12:35 PM
Diet soda, diet energy drinks, and zone bars... John Fox Nutrition 31 04-18-2006 02:27 PM
Spreadsheet for the benchmarks Scott Kustes Community 12 09-06-2005 06:21 AM
Paleo-zone diet = anti-rhabdo-diet? Seth Drown Nutrition 3 04-05-2005 11:03 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.