CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-17-2009, 06:22 AM   #101
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: Blair's I should have a log since I don't like logs log.

It is depressing to see that back in late 06 and early 07 I could do around 10 HSPU on parallettes within 45s and I struggle with 2 now.

I was an entry for 14 ring dips in 45s in one round and I'm in awe of that.

a score of 14 on tabata squats with most of the rounds at 16 and to think back I used to be able to hit 20-25(early rounds)+. I can't find any record of it though.

I could see being worn down by total energy for going IF and hibernation on Sat-Mon and the upper body pushing stuff and the GB WOD ( 5 hopping pullups, 5 pullup to invert in tuck, 3 skin the cats ) but still...

I can't even think about doing 12 in one workout much less 45s.

However I did note that in early 2007 I started DL at 200 pounds hitting 300 and now that is nothing.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:19 AM   #102
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

3 sets of Front Lever Pull - Yewki - MU - XR L-sit - press shoulder stand - XR Bulgarian dip - XR dip - BL - FL
3 x 5 L-sit lifts on the XR

Finish with 2 x 10 Wall Extensions

Oops. I did the regular dip before Bulgarian dip and 1x10 tuck sit extend to L and 1x10 ring support leg lifts.

I'll do the wall extensions before bed.

Warmed up with some PB swings and SR swings. Finished off with 2x4 of DL per OLAD DL. Was going to do 5 sets but pushed for time to get out of the gym tonight. Weight was 250ish. I was too sapped to try the big heavy beam.

Another Tuesday of limited food while coaching. 2 or 3 eggs and a piece of fruit jerky and 7 gulps of water about 5 hours after lunch. Bleh.

Rest times may have been 2-3 minutes for the ring routine. destroyed a bit by the push and pull work I did last night. Back was creaky all day today, popping like crazy and tight.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:39 AM   #103
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

2-18 Rest day.

Walked about 5mi today broken up periodically for no good reason. Played with the boys during some skill testing to act as a demo for ideal form.

Managed to break off 10 Ice-Cream Makers ( pullup to front lever rock back to flex arm hang ) at the end of the day besides playing "Torture the Teacher" involving about 75+ bucket circles.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:46 AM   #104
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

2-19 Skipped regular workout day as left shoulder was a hurtin'. Left hip was hurting because I think of a tight back so did a lot of mobility after work and some more at home. Had to pop back a lot. Skipped BS OLAD. Thought about doing it Friday but skipped it.

2-20 Did GB WOD of 2-19+GB WOD of 2-20 as a metcon without rest periods.

3 rounds of:
2x5s of back lever followed by 5 body rows above horizontal 2m rest, 2x5s tuck planche with 5 pseudo planche ring pushups but forgot hop from bottom to top 2m rest; 2x5s adv tuck front lever with 4 Hang L to V leg lift.

Followed by 4 rounds of:

10 5 foot depth jumps, 30s of backward rolling momentum assisted on boxhopping pistols on one leg+repeating on opposite ( about 9 per round ) with 2 sled pulls of 15m with a gymnastics box. Rx'd was 2-3m of rest per round but was getting hungry so just did it back to back though honestly I forgot it was supposed to have a rest period. Forgot back bridge standups so did 10 at home.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:55 AM   #105
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

2-23
3 sets of 3-5 weighted single leg squats and single leg archup ( one leg anchored back extension )

I went to easy on this as I decided to do this at the gym so there really isn't a lot of weights around. I found 3 body bars of 9,15, and 18 pounds but I did forget I could have used one of the portable beams ( otherwise I would have used my 2-25lb DB ).

1st round I used 15, 2nd I used 27 and the third I used 42 pounds total and only then did it feel intense. Wasn't really sure how'd it feel so I played it safe.

For some odd reason, I went from light to medium to heavy body bar for the single leg arch ups but I probably should've used similar weights to what I did for the single leg archups.

I did this after doing some PH, PB, SR and FX. Just basics and swings. 3 rounds of pullup rock to front lever and 2rm of reverse crank paired with 10 kick to HS, 10 press to HS, and 10 attempts at walking in HS with a final round of pullup through front lever, invert to back lever and back. Reps were 5 on those and the pullup rock to FL. Attempted about 5 MU prior to that but didn't have much push strength today after doing the basic swing work on apparatus.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:40 AM   #106
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

2-24

10 minutes of HS on rings with legs on inside of straps.

30s-30s,20s-20s-20s,15sx4,15sx4,15sx4. This was only 5 minutes worth and believe it or not, it took me 35m or so. Rest periods might have taken too long, but it probably took at least 5-10s to get into each HS before I started the count and 5-10s to psyche myself up to jump into the HS. I didn't bring my XR to work so I used the low rings (3') and put a block underneath them. Ehh.

I stopped with 5 minutes since I was already breaking down at 15s.

Preceded to OLAD Heavy Balance Beam DL. Used a light BB to wu for 10r, then did sets of 4, 8, and 10 with the heavy beam and a cooldown set of 10 with the light beam. Et finis.

I had thought about doing 5 more minutes of support work on rings or L or 10m of wall HS but it was getting late as it was. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

I am really itching for a day 3 tomorrow and some metcon. This weekend will be pretty much a washout (going to LA though may get some time to workout with fam if I can ignore the damn rice this time) though maybe I can sprint tomorrow night if I get home and over to the HS track.

Maybe I'll try to tumble tomorrow and do some event work. We'll see.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:59 AM   #107
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

2-26

Complete four rounds:
20 Swinging Dips
30 seconds XR Support Hold
20' L-sit Walk

Finish with 10 Wrist Pushups

Started out doing swinging dips 1st round and ended up doing variation 3, 2nd round, and splitting it into forward and backwards for the last 2 of 10r.
ring support was 15-15, 15-10-5-5, and assisted support hold for 30 last 2 rounds.
L sit walk wasn't happening on parallettes, PB, even sideways on beam. Did butt scoots instead.

Yet another workout plagued by a lack of food and hydration during the day. Finished off with BS, 10r of 96, 4r of heavy, 8r, 5r, 5r, 5r, 10r of 96 to warm down.

Should've just done variation of ring dips fwd and bwd from the beginning, was too much even with 30s of rest. L-sit walk took about 20 scoots. Uck.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:06 AM   #108
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

2-27

Another day a bit light on food and hydration. A quart of choco milk and some fruit jerky from TJ.

Was figuring I could do rings GB WOD at home. Never happened.

Figured for the hell of it, before I left I'd do some thrusters since 96lbs is cooler than 2x25lb DB.

Did a set of 45. Could do more but these weren't cycling fast as I wanted but could because of no WU. Around 2-3s.

Did 15 more, slighter faster, 2s+

Did another 15 around 1/s.

Going to LA so nothing on Sat. Sun may be able to do someting at Mom's and maybe Mon make up Friday's GB WOD.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #109
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

3-3

Catching back up Friday's GB WOD as I slacked off on Mon as well after trip to LA.

Made this one up last night 3-3 as I'm a few days behind as I missed it on Friday.

3 sets of MU, L-sit, forward roll to MU, L-sit, forward roll to MU, L-sit, forward roll to hanging L, Crank, Reverse Crank
3x5 Tick Tocks

Finish with 10 Wall Extensions

Used 3m rest periods for ring strength routine and 2m for tick tocks, 5m for DL.

Started off with a few sets of stride swing on PH, swing to HS on PB and SR swing. After a few sets, finally got my SR swing into feeling like I can engage the shoulders. Hurts like hell to turn out so need more back swing. Did some HS press negatives and HS walking, rolling and kick to HS, donkey kick to HS, jump press from kneel to HS.

Still don't have the forward roll into MU. I practiced rolling and maintaining the false grip but that's all I got to. Nearly was destroyed when in the L hang to do the crank ( in tuck ) and reverse crank in straight body.

Did the tick tocks in adv tuck FL and 1/2 lay back. Ugh.

Finished off with DL
1x10 light, 4r heavy, 4r heavy, 4r heavy, 6r heavy, 10 more light. I think there were 4 heavy sets, could have been 5. 10 light SLDL to end on.

Shoulder therapy ( cuban presses, in/ex rotation stuff, db arm circles ) and 10 wall walks.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:59 AM   #110
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Btw, 3-3 WU was 8 round tabata squat with adult class. I lost track since I sort of was focusing on them more than myself besides my cargo shorts tearing in the crotch even more ( precipatated by a straddle toe touch demo for one of the would be young cheerleaders [cargo shorts do not like straddling] ).

3-5

1 rep Embedded PL + 5 MU
1 rep Embedded BL + 5 Headstand RLL
1 rep Embedded FL + 5 L-sit Lifts

Finish with 10 Bridge Wall Walks+

3x5 heavy weighted SLS instead of usual Th Heavy BS.
3x5 GHR

Finish with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation.

1m rest between giant sets, 3m between rounds. 3m between rounds of pistols and negative glute ham hold set.

Kinda mussed this one up. I did my usual swings on apparatus before but my wrists were trashed to do any mushroom. Did a bunch of HS walking, negatives and jumping presses from a tuck sit. I'm gonna keep on doing this till my wrists are built up again.

Made up Monday's workout and did it before this with a 5m interlude. I used tuck planche which is still slightly low I think, 1/2 lay back lever and adv tuck FL.

L sit to high tuck is harder to do than lower than horizontal L to L or ring support leg lifts.

Did glute ham negatives and hold instead of raises. Ended up doing Hanging leg lifts instead of L sit leg lifts for some silly reason. I did 3 sets of 5 afterwards. On a funny note, I was unable to do L hang to V leg lift instead of the L sit leg lift after those giant sets from Monday.

Instead of heavy BS I did the weighted pistols. I used 43lbs ( 1 18,15,9,and 4lbd body bar ). It kinda sucks to hold them in a front rack like position by flexing my biceps. I tried holding a small light beam but it killed my wrists to use it that way. I did glute ham negatives instead of the floor glute ham raise cause I forgot. Left leg is weaker than right.

My back was sore when I got home and I finished 6x10 about 15 degrees below horizontal straddle L on high parallettes. Didn't have time to do it after gym as I wanted to hit the supermarket before midnight.

I did find out that my inability to workout after gym isn't really connected to a light protein intake during the day but is more related to hydration ( since I rarely get a break on Tu and Th and not much of one on Fri ). A few pieces of fruit jerky but the lack of water is the real culprit not really a lack of calories or protein.