CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #5091
Fergus Lally

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
I agree wih the rest day, but Scott doesn't belive in them.

The WOD will be a breeze for anyone who can rep MU's, the sumos were a break for me, and went by to fast. Someone could kill this WOD.
The last time Scott had a rest day he actually did have that mullet in his old profile pic!

In fact Scott's idea of a rest day is a quick WOD like fran
Old 10-18-2009, 12:50 AM   #5092
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Emers View Post
Those heavy swings look like something else indeed. Nice job, that looks like a good score. I would think a rest day could be in order after that WOD and your whole week. The new hero workout looks like a nasty one.
The swings to just above parallel were easier than I imagined (all day ), my lower back and glutes were really afraid but when I got there and tried it was quite comfortable and managed to not use any shoulders at all, all hip which is a big victory for me.

Going to hit 'Tyler' very soon.

Quote:
I agree wih the rest day, but Scott doesn't belive in them.

The WOD will be a breeze for anyone who can rep MU's, the sumos were a break for me, and went by to fast. Someone could kill this WOD.
I do believe in rest days Nik, I know they would do me a lot of good and anyone else, its just that I cannot help myself, totally addicted to the way a hard metcon makes me feel, even on strength days it hurts to walk out of the gym without getting a good sweat up. Sometimes I just jump on the treadmill and run a mile at the end to make myself breathless.

Im going to attack this WOD but I cannot string 7's together, maybe 3 or 4 on the first round. Trouble is anyone who is light enough to string all the muscle ups will probably get killed by the Sumo's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus Lally View Post
The last time Scott had a rest day he actually did have that mullet in his old profile pic!

In fact Scott's idea of a rest day is a quick WOD like fran
I need to find myself a hobby that does not involve physical exertion, give myself something to do on a rest day then, wish I had a garage that I could convert into a gym (there I go again gym related hobby stuff). Maybe a new game for my PS3.

Good idea on the rest day Fran, not enough work to give any DOM's but a mighty metcon blast, perfect.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 10-18-2009, 04:37 AM   #5093
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

18 October 2009

'Tyler'

5 rounds for time:
7 Muscle ups
21 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls 95lb - 14.00 pr by default

Got first 5 muscle ups with full wrist flick out consecutive which is a PR on that. Probably down to my rings being metal and today for the first time I taped them up due to some rust spots. Expect some pr's on muscle up based WODs over the coming months.

Front lever progressions
Got a ring dip in the 'Mature hold' position also, probably about 80% ROM (been watching gymnastics on tv).
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 10-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #5094
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
18 October 2009

'Tyler'

5 rounds for time:
7 Muscle ups
21 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls 95lb - 14.00 pr by default

Got first 5 muscle ups with full wrist flick out consecutive which is a PR on that. Probably down to my rings being metal and today for the first time I taped them up due to some rust spots. Expect some pr's on muscle up based WODs over the coming months.

Front lever progressions
Got a ring dip in the 'Mature hold' position also, probably about 80% ROM (been watching gymnastics on tv).

Great job on Tyler!! I'm so close on the MU's and so far, I can do the movement, but I need the strenth to get the false grip from a hang and stay there. They were all singles for me, I was mad because of it. I know I'm getting better at it, just not fast enough!!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:45 AM   #5095
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Great job on Tyler!! I'm so close on the MU's and so far, I can do the movement, but I need the strenth to get the false grip from a hang and stay there. They were all singles for me, I was mad because of it. I know I'm getting better at it, just not fast enough!!
Yes I remember having false grip trouble, it actually injured my wrist when I first started using it. Just keep using it and it will get stronger Nik and your muscle ups will have a sudden breakthrough, besides with your pull up strength when they come you will suddenly go past most of us.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:56 AM   #5096
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

Fast time on Tyler there mate! I was gunnin for ya and had you in my sights but sumos took it out of me after the third round. I just couldn't do them fast enough anymore. Made up some good time on themuscle ups though even though I had to do them all singles cuz my knees touch the floor when i dothem at the globo. Weighted pullups kind of felt like a rest day today after doing tow tough wods last night lol.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:34 AM   #5097
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara View Post
Fast time on Tyler there mate! I was gunnin for ya and had you in my sights but sumos took it out of me after the third round. I just couldn't do them fast enough anymore. Made up some good time on themuscle ups though even though I had to do them all singles cuz my knees touch the floor when i dothem at the globo. Weighted pullups kind of felt like a rest day today after doing tow tough wods last night lol.
When I was doing 'Tyler' I knew you would be chasing the time and really pushed myself to set you a nasty target, great this competitiveness making our times faster and faster. My rings hang quite low, my knees are probably about 1ft from the ground and to get a full dip at the top I have to push my back against the pull up bar, it wil be so easy on a perfect set up after all this making do.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:39 AM   #5098
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

19 October 2009

Weighted Pull ups 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

30k - 35k - 40k - 45k - 47.5k? - 47.5k/104.5lb PR - 50k Fail (inches)

Felt stronger that before so happy with those scores, first time over 100lb.

Then afterwards:

21 Double Unders
Run 400m
18 Double Unders
Run 400m
15 Double Unders
Run 400m
12 Double Unders
Run 400m
9 Double Unders
Run 400m
6 Double Unders
Run 400m
3 Double Unders
Run 400m - 13.55

Subbed double unders for the back extensions as done it outside with no back extension machine. Also I have no need to improve my running and back extension combo times but need to improve double unders while breathless and think this tweak to the programming is a more useful WOD for me.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:52 AM   #5099
Matthew Green

Profile:

Wow! Thhat's a 1/2+ Bodyweight pullup is it not?

Awesome work Scott

Haven't attempted a PR weighted pullup for a long time I think it was only 22-24kg last time though!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:19 AM   #5100
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Didnt think of that half BW Matt, thanks for bringing it up. I think the CF Standards say you need to get a 3/4 BW pull up to get elite level which is nearer 65k!! It was not a total deadhang though as I gave it some kick to get my chin over which I believe is allowed. 50k next time when I finally buy my belt and chain to hang weights off.

ps. double unders and running are nasty, give it a go, you could even do 10 rounds of 10 double unders/50m sprints as I know you prefer short hard runs.