CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 01-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
David Johnson

Profile:
Twin Cities, MN

Just wanted to put out a shout to any other Crossfitters in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. I'm a bit too far to make Crossfit MN a possibility.

I usually workout at a globo-type-gym (initials L.T.F.), but they've instituted some recent changes that have started bugging me.
Where do you work out and is it any good?
Old 01-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #2
Tristan Warneke

Profile:
Re: Twin Cities, MN

David,

I'm in St. Paul and agree that CF MN is not something I can get to either. I'm kind of lucky that I have a private school/community center that has very few rules that I can do my workouts at, but that doesn't help you with your L.T.F. issue. Because the community center doesn't have all the ammenities that I want (rings, bumper plates, C2 rower, climbing rope... etc), I'm looking at putting together a garage gym with my brother and his house-mates who live on the boarder of St. Paul/W St. Paul. If that comes off in the near future I'll make sure I post back here with details.

TripMN
Old 01-14-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
David Johnson

Profile:

Tristan,
I guess we just make CF work wherever we can get. Actually, LTF is not so bad, I can get away with most CF. It's just that in a recent remodel they took away the bumper plates - some of us have complained and we may get them back... Anyway, good luck getting the garage gym set up!
Dave
Old 01-16-2008, 12:58 PM   #4
Damian Hirtz

Profile:

Come on guys! We are not that far away. The western suburbs are beautiful this time of year.

We do have people coming from as far away as Hudson, Wi. to work out in one of the group classes once or twice a week. We always find a way for people who travel to participate.

Let us know if we can help you guys in any way. You are always welcome.

I know that the people at LTF can bust your chops a little. Good luck getting through a Tabata series! They think you are having a seizure.

Also, keep your eyes open. One of our goals for 2008 is to add an additional location that is more centrally located.

Hope to see you soon.

Damian
CrossFit MN

Last edited by Damian Hirtz : 01-16-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #5
Simeon Priest

Profile:

I do the WOD at the Y by my house.
It's not TOO bad, but they are missing certain things....like rings, and bumper plates.

I'd love to get a setup going in my garage, but right now my garage is about 9 degrees. So, I think I'll wait a couple months. Plus, I love using the C2 rowers at the Y (perfect for today's WOD).

Hope to see some of you MNers out and about.

Simeon
Old 01-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
David Johnson

Profile:

Damian,
Thanks for the invite, I may take you up on it. It would be nice to check out a facility like yours that actually encourages CF, instead of me just staking out a back corner and hoping I don't get too many mean looks.
Dave
Old 06-18-2008, 06:22 AM   #7
Jeremy Clark

Profile:

I noticed your post, I know it was quite a while ago that you posted it, but wondering if you found anything. Reason I ask, I own a MMA/ Jiu Jitsu school in Eagan, and also do Core strength training for hockey Players. I have been interested in Cross fit for some time, have some of the equipment, I guess I am just starting to look for other people that might interested in starting a class and/or just working out. I know this is a long shot but I thought I would try.

Jeremy
Old 06-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #8
Tina Dobson

Profile:

I am in the SW burbs, just starting to learn about CF. I know some of these posts are old...has anyone found anywhere to CF in the twin cities??? Jeremy have you found people interested????
Old 08-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #9
Damian Hirtz

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina Dobson View Post
I am in the SW burbs, just starting to learn about CF. I know some of these posts are old...has anyone found anywhere to CF in the twin cities??? Jeremy have you found people interested????
Uh, CrossFitMN is in Eden Prairie. That is the center of the SW burbs. Border of Bloomington, Edina and EP.
952-942-1190

www.crossfitmn.blogspot.com
Old 08-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #10
Ric Steele

Profile:

Hey fellas i'm in Owatonna and I run a privately owned gym. I just started doing crossfit and I have a lot of the equipment, ie bumper plates, tractor tires ect. This is my gym so people don't care what you do but I get some funny looks. I've gotten a couple of guys on board but would love to have more. I'm an hour from the twin cities.