CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #21
Nadia Shatila

Profile:
Ok don't laugh people. My job sucks, my degree has nothing to do with my field, and well basically I feel like Peter from the movie Office Space. I need to be out of my job before the end of the year or I am afraid I might go postal! ;-) Anyway, just updated my resume with the lastest job so feel free to critique, I don't think I've even spell checked it yet. ha.

Alex- all I can say is WOW.

Adam- very cool!

Michael- I wish I had your resume!

Attached Files
File Type: doc Nadia_Shatila_resume_2007_CF.doc (31.0 KB, 255 views)
Old 06-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #22
George Mounce

Profile:
Nadia, as the lead of Quality Assurance Personnel for the hundreds of millions of silly dollars the government gives to the RQ-4 program (I'm a good old Air Force Captain), I see contractor resumes all the time.

I'll work on your resume tonight with the info you've given and post a somewhat completed (you'll have to fill in the rest) template of a good format and information I tend to look for in resumes when hiring.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #23
Nadia Shatila

Profile:
George-

WOW, thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. With my latest job I found it very difficult to list what exactly it is that I do. Maybe it's just because I honestly do not care. I copied everything straight from my job description. ha. burnout? ;-)
Old 06-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #24
George Mounce

Profile:
I'm going through this, and while it is great as a start, it lacks accomplishments.

An employer is not only looking for what you can do, but what you can accomplish for them, and they can see that through past accomplishments.

I'm about 1/2 way done, we'll see what I can get here. It is funny reading this, as I used to live in Tacoma, and went to all these places LOL.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:39 PM   #25
Jennifer Conlin

Profile:
Wow, some really impressive resumes! It does kinda tell you a lot about a person in a flat kind of way . If I need help tuning mine up I will come back to this thread! I hate working on my resume...agah!
As for my caliber it would not be communicated via my resume. So you'll just have to come workout with me and have a beer!
I've enjoyed reading about what you all do for a living!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #26
Tim McFarland

Profile:
David, thanks. Here's the edited version:

Attached Files
File Type: doc Tim's.doc (31.0 KB, 157 views)
Old 06-12-2007, 08:11 PM   #27
George Mounce

Profile:
Nadia here is a start/reformat. I have inserted a ton of comments for you to fill in the rest. (I'm a MS Word guru, if you need help understanding comments or how to get rid of them or the like, let me know)Other things I didn't mention, use good quality paper for your resume and have it in a folder or under a plastic cover. Have it always ready to hand to the prospective employer at the beginning of the interview, even if you already gave one to the HR department.

Be able to back up every word on your resume.
Attached Files
File Type: doc NS-resume.doc (46.5 KB, 175 views)
Old 06-12-2007, 08:28 PM   #28
James R. Climer

Profile:
I haven't looked at my resume in a while.
This is a very interesting topic.

Attached Files
File Type: rtf CF Resume 6_12_07.rtf (19.4 KB, 159 views)
Old 06-12-2007, 09:01 PM   #29
Stefan Borovina

Profile:
Here is a condensed version:

Attached Files
File Type: doc StefanBorovinaResume.doc (20.5 KB, 155 views)
Old 06-12-2007, 09:17 PM   #30
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
George you absolutely rock with resumes. What a terrific improvement. If this thread has done nothing else it has made us aware of your talents with Word and resumes and hooked Nadia up with you. Her dream job is in your hands...soon as she figures out what that is.

And...I find that if I too didn't already have one I would have a soul mate out there in CF land. How cool is that? What was it Connie the FTO thing? No, no I know, the Tactical Deployment of Ballistic Shield training. I knew it, gets the chicks every time. Neat, the worlds best strength and conditioning website and now a soul mate location station.

Nadia - I have been eager to take my kids up to the MoF and now have a better reason to go. Do you actually work there in the museum? We can stand in a hallway and do Tabata squats. Do you have a career goal with your Political Science degree? Lots of interesting degrees here already with jobs that match and sometimes not. I went to PLU and got a BA in philosophy. I recently had a pursuit with an ex-con that was a terrible driver, had drugs and a gun the car, who I had to chase for miles before he went over a curb and disabled his car. When I caught him and cuffed him up I found he was wearing pink Victoria's Secret underpants. Even with my philosophy training I was unable to ponder over this and come up with anything better than wondering how many friends he would have if they sent him into population with Victoria's Secret. Once that Secret was discovered, I would guess he would be the belle of the ball for sure, or at least the butt of a lot of jokes.

And James went to nuclear power school, worked on a nuke boat and kept everyone safe from those pesky little gamma rays. I'm pretty sure we have every kind of degree and job covered here in this amazing community. I'm a better person just knowing all you smart people.