CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 07-20-2006, 08:25 AM   #1
scott holmes jr.

Profile:  
Crossfit new jersey

Looking to see if there are any crossfitters in new jersey. I posted this request ince before and didn't really get that many responses, maybe 2 to 3 at most. If there is anybody in new jersey around the shore area, please let me know , thanks
scott holmes
Old 07-20-2006, 08:36 AM   #2
Erica Bergstrom

Profile:
Scott, I'm in Glen Gardner, NJ up by Clinton. Wish there were some people up in central/north Jersey. There is a CF New Jersey affiliate http://crossfitnj.com/ they're up off the parkway before rt 78. I haven't been there, so I don't know what the place is like.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:21 AM   #3
Peter Nathan

Profile:
I'm in Little Silver (exit 109), five miles from the shore( Sea Bright). Been crossfitting for 2 years, and will attend 2nd cert. course this Aug.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #4
David Wood

Profile:

Hey Scott:

We NJ folks are either antisocial, or very busy. I've tried to connect with others before, but nothing consistent has worked out. (Of course, the fact that I work 60-70 hours / week isn't helping any.)

I live in Lebanon (Erica, we should connect . . . we're about 8 miles apart) out in Hunterdon County, but do most of my training (when I'm not injured) at the YMCA in Somerville (Somerset County).

I do connect with another (non-posting) CrossFitter about once or twice a month for training . . . either the WOD at the Y, or, more common lately, some serious hill running at Lewis Morris park up by Morristown.

(All this is a bit of stretch for you down the shore, I know.)

Folks closer to you include Mike Halbfish in East Brunswick (he'll chime in soon, I bet) and Zach Even - Esh, who's in Edison, I think. Zach has his own training business, you can reach him via http://www.undergroundstrengthcoach.com/.

You can actually see all registered board members from NJ by going to the "Member List" option at the top of this page, setting it to show all fields and all members, then sorting by state and paging through to get to NJ. There are about 40 or so total (look at both "New Jersey" and "NJ"), some of them are down the shore (although not everyone listed will be active).

Note: this works for any other state, as well, obviously.

As for CrossFit NJ, well, alas, they aren't really an affiliate anymore. (You'll observe that they are no longer listed on the main page in the affiliates section.)

Their website is still up, but they seem very inactive . . . they've NEVER responded to any of my attempts to reach them, and they've never posted here, been at any of the certifications, or anything else that you might expect of an active member of this community. Sort of sad . . . their website seems semi-well-put-together. I don't know what their training is like.

Finally, part of what probably works against us here is the presence of alternatives at both NY and Philly. (Hmmm . . . sort of like our NJ media.) I've personally spent a lot of time with the CF NYC group and found them to be wonderful training partners . . . going in for a weekend workout is always a blast.

Similarly, the CF Philly group appears to have their stuff together pretty well, too, and offers anybody in South Jersey a pretty good training option.

For those on Jersey Shore . . . you gotta try and start one.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:54 AM   #5
Joshua Newman

Profile:
Indeed, you New Jersey-ites are more than welcome here in NYC. With this beautiful summer weather, we've started doing Sunday workouts in Central Park every week; that outdoor group fun in particular seems draw people from Jersey, Westchester and Long Island, along with us city-folk.

So, feel free to come on in. Sunday, 10am, Ross Pinetum Playground. (http://www.centralparknyc.org/virtua.../rosspinetumpg)

[We also do Saturday mornings at 10am, though at Five Points Fitness; see www.crossfitnyc.org]
Old 08-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
Audrey Aguirre

Profile:
Re: Crossfit new jersey

Erica- I am in CLINTON!!! we should so meet...I have been crossfitting for over a year..but have never had a partner....let me know
Old 08-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
Steve Collegio

Profile:

manalapan here.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #8
Jorge Montesinos

Profile:

here in morris county, Dover.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #9
Michael Loucas

Profile:

Fairfield, 10 minutes from Totowa about 15 minutes from Clifton. 30 minutes from Dover.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #10
Rob Esposito

Profile:

here in Matawan just got level 1 certified we have a 3000sq foot facility that will be an affiliate soon come by and check us out...

www.absolutefitnj.com