CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 10-02-2008, 06:04 AM   #11
Kris Fischer

Profile:
Re: Southern Md/Patuxent River?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Stratton View Post
I just did a Level I Cert this summer and was wondering if anyone is interested getting a group together aboard Pax.
I've ran into a couple of crossfitters in the base gym the last few weeks. I met two guys that work out a bit earlier then me, around 1530 or so, and I just saw another guy doing FRAN last time it came up (closer to my workout time, around 1700). So i've seen more interest from when I first posted in this thread.

I'm starting the gant grimes hybrid program, but i'd def be interested to see if a group gets formed and join you guys for a couple workouts.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:08 AM   #12
Mike Prevost

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Fischer View Post
I live in Chesapeake Beach and work on the base. Haven't seen anyone doing anything remotely crossfit related on the base although I've only been working there for a few months. I mostly work out in the tiny, extremely ill-equipped gym in my condo now and just play basketball on the base so I don't know if I'm missing people or whatever… but it does seem like there would be more of a presence. What's up with the Edgewater workouts? Weekends are almost always too busy for me but...
Hi Kris

I believe we spoke recently about a work related issue at PMA 205.... On Friday morning at 7:30 we will be swinging kettlebells, doing ring dips and weighted pullups on the pull up bars across from the energy zone on base (near the sand volleyball nets). You are welcome to join us. Not an official crossfit WOD but very crossfit like. There are a few guys at the USMC det on base that are trying to put together a crossfit type gym on base. Not sure how far along they are yet...

Mike Prevost
Old 11-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #13
Patrick Otis

Profile:

hey just found this thread. I will be there in April time frame this still going?

ltr Pat
Old 12-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #14
Mark Stratton

Profile:

I have a group that meets a couple of times a week at HX-21 if anyone with base access is interested. We have some of our own and squadron provided gear to work out with. We occasionally meet at the Drill Hall as well. If you are interested in joining us, email me on my work account: mark.stratton@navy.mil.

World Gym in Lexington Park also has a few personal trainers who are Level I as well. They are hosting the Lumberjack 20 WOD and fundraiser tomorrow at 0900.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #15
Samuel Fariss

Profile:

Anyone in So. MD is more than welcome to come to Southern Maryland Crossfit. We have been an affiliate since July 08. We are located in Waldorf, MD in a globo gym but don't let that fool you. We would love to get more CrossFitters from So. MD come and visit and hopefully become part of our CF family.
www.southernmarylandcrossfit.com
Old 05-07-2010, 03:37 PM   #16
Patrick Otis

Profile:

Well I am finally in maryland. I will be on PAX. I will be putting a home gym together over the next year. Hoping to hit up southern maryland work through my off the wagon period. till I get it running anyother home gym peeps out there?

ltr Pat
Old 05-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #17
Joel Dunivant

Profile:

Anyone still in Pax looking for work as a trainer? Email me at jddunivant@gmail.com. Opening a box soon.