CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 12-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Michael Zoda

Profile:
CFE Swim vs run vs row vs bike

Hey guys I've been lurking the CFE site for the past few days. Ive read through the FAQ but I still have some questions. I've always leaned towards strength, but Ive been doing some rock climbing lately and for some reason i'm really sparking interest in the endurance stuff.

First off for the CFE wods, how do you choose between Running/Rowing/Biking/Swimming. Obviously if your training for a particular race you would do the sport that lines up with your race, but what if your not training for a race at the moment.

Second question:

Overall it seems like your not supposed to follow whats comes up on the CFE main page everyday. The CFE workouts follow a 3 on 1 off scheme but the FAQ only says to do 3 CFE workouts per week. Does this mean do the S+C 3 on 1 off (i might do 2 on 1 off 3 on 1 off) and just pick three of the CFE workouts for the week? Why do they post a CFE workout in the 3:1 scheme?

Im not starting the program for awhile. Sitting on a messed up SI joint at the moment.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
S.S.

Profile:

Re: CFE Swim vs run vs row vs bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Zoda View Post
First off for the CFE wods, how do you choose between Running/Rowing/Biking/Swimming. Obviously if your training for a particular race you would do the sport that lines up with your race, but what if your not training for a race at the moment.
Just pick whatever's most important to you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Zoda View Post
Second question:

Overall it seems like your not supposed to follow whats comes up on the CFE main page everyday. The CFE workouts follow a 3 on 1 off scheme but the FAQ only says to do 3 CFE workouts per week. Does this mean do the S+C 3 on 1 off (i might do 2 on 1 off 3 on 1 off) and just pick three of the CFE workouts for the week? Why do they post a CFE workout in the 3:1 scheme?

I'm pretty sure you do the S+C thing 3 on 1 off and then pick 3 of the CFE workouts and do those in addition, spaced out evenly throughout the week.

But I would check on their forums to be sure.

I don't think there is much magic behind the 3:1 scheme so just do whatever allows you to progress.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
Ted Apollo

Profile:

what shane said...

and i think the main concept is to do two 'shorter' interval training days (ladders, tabata, sprints, etc...) & one longer workout a week. i wouldn't recommend doing any more then that right now to avoid overuse injuries which is a good reason to switch up between all four disciplines (running, biking, rowing, & swimming).
Old 12-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
Carl Amolat

Profile:

To weigh in on this topic I'm curious if switching one discipline per week is a smart idea for even experienced athletes. Specializing in swimming one week and running the next and biking a third seems like a smart idea.