CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 12-16-2005, 01:17 PM   #1
Travis Hall

Profile:

Montreal cfer's...

... did you do your shoveling WOD today?

how about two feet of snow hill sprints?

:biggrin:
Old 12-16-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Is there an official crossfit in Montreal??
Old 12-16-2005, 03:42 PM   #3
Ian Holmes

Profile:
No Anthony there is not. But if there are a bunch of us here I would be interested in doing stuff together on occasion.

Is there anyone else in the area who would want in?
Old 12-16-2005, 10:28 PM   #4
Travis Hall

Profile:

when i posted i figured there was more then ian and i... guess not...

well case in point: today montreal recieved a record number of snowfall in one day: 50 cm. beating the record of 47 from way back whenever.

you weren't shovelling snow all day ian? i had to run to girlfriends and dig out her car and driveway so she could make it to an appointment. bloody city never got the plows out till the afternoon...

anyway. personnaly my schedule is erratic and i'm a little anti-social, but i'd definitly support a x-fit montreal.

cheers,
t.

Old 12-17-2005, 08:31 AM   #5
Ian Holmes

Profile:
I went for a couple snow runs, the classic running, leaping banks/piles, slides... it was some good times. If I decide to screw the rest day idea I may go run the mount today as well.

As to getting together, I can follow the anti social thing when it comes to working out, but... nonetheless having some others for some random WODs would be good.

Personally I have been using the McGill gymnastics room (hurrah for rings and ropes), and doing my powerlifting/ o-lifts at the gym there. Most everything else happens at home.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:28 PM   #6
Ian Holmes

Profile:
On that note I just got back from my climbing of the mount. Went straight up from just behind the McGill old res.... and I mean straight up through the waist deep snow. It was awesome.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:33 PM   #7
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
I will be visiting Montreal in March to catch a Canadiens game. I have plans to hit the gym with a few friends, but I'd also be up for a crossfit session if you guys want to get together. Just be warned that you'll whoop my *** and probably have to drag me through the routine! :-)
Old 12-17-2005, 06:02 PM   #8
Brian Sullivan

Profile:
Hi All - I did my shovelling workout today. Alternate 10 scoops left, the 10 right for as long as I can, then a short break, and repeat. I was going pretty slowly by the end. Not sure about doing group workouts as I don't have much time these days with work, house, and kids. Nice to know there are a few of us up here though.

Ian: Is the McGill gym open to alumni? Do they have bumber plate and lifting platforms?
Old 12-17-2005, 07:23 PM   #9
Ian Holmes

Profile:
Brian

To the best of my belief it is open to alumni, and yes the new gym has a lifting platform with rubber weights... nothing amazing ut it works.
The great thing is that if you wander in the back door of the auxillary gym (which is very rarely in use (as in twice a week)), you have yourself access to all of the gymnastics equipment which includes ropes, rings and parallel bars *grin*...

let me know if you want a tour *grin*...

Oh and Anthony... that sounds like a good time... just let us know when you will be kicking around, if nothing else we can do one of the girls like Cindy, or perhaps a snow run *grin*.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:10 PM   #10
Travis Hall

Profile:

oi ian,
i used to do the straight up the mount thing all the time- damn fun!

maybe we should get together after the holidays... none of my friends ever want to do that kind a stuff.

as for mcgill- i had no idea they had gymnastics stuff. i've been at concordia and its a few machines.. nothing else... maybe they have a 'secret' gym??? or maybe mcgill's just better!

pm me if you want, or wait and i'll pm you after the holidays and see if we can't 'climb' the mountain...
cheers,
t.