CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 04-24-2007, 06:32 AM   #1
Fredrik Eriksson

Profile:
I have been following crossfit.com to get a grip on a normal workout and how it could look? Downloading the videos from the site most workouts seems to be around 20 minutes long? Or how do you set up a workout for some newbies? How do you warmup, workout, cool down, stretch etc or what is included in a session?

Regards,

a newbie from Sweden
Old 04-24-2007, 07:40 AM   #2
Dennis Barrett

Profile:
Fredrik, The quick answer for a normal workout is to perform the Crossfit Warmup followed by the Workout of the Day, scaled to your current fitness level. The detailed answer is open and print out the FAQ Section, the free copy of Crossfit Journal and Start Here. These have the info you need.
When I started CF, I had been doing "old school" weight training. The rapid paced,intense anarobic approach to exersise called for in Crossfit made the Warm Up seem like a complete workout at the beginning. Start slow, proceed at your own pace and enjoy.

Good Luck,
Dennis B.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
James Carroll

Profile:
Hey Fredrik, welcome. it seems like a big task but you can do it. if you haven't worked out in a while, take a look at simplefit.org The guy that runs that site is a member here and designed the workouts for us n00bs :D

That should get you going. I did the Warmup for a few weeks to get the "kinks" out.

Do searches for what you are looking to know here as most questions regarding starting have already been asked and answered.

james