CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 05-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
Kim Thornton

Profile:
Paleo Day 131...

Yep…day 131. NEVER did I think I could stick with this. I was originally shooting for the 30 days. Was I perfect at it? Heck, no! Did I try? Absolutely….everyday.

Let me give you a little background. My 2nd daughter was born on Sept. 7th, 2011. At the height of my pregnancy, my 5’ 1” frame carried (with baby) an extra 40#. Obviously, after she was born I lost some right away (~8# of baby +~4-5# of other stuff). I went back to crossfit 6 weeks after she was born (right around Halloween). It was ugly. I spent 3 months just getting back into the groove of CF and not pass out. Just then, the Paleo challenge came about.

My original goal was to get rid of the baby weight, as is the goal of most women post partum. I waited 2 years after my first daughter was born to do something about it (Thanks Amber W. for introducing me to CF in July 2010, btw). (I didn't CF during pregnancy due to illness)This time was different. I had a plan now. So here we are…8 months post-partum. 3# from pre-preg weight…although cool, not as important as I thought it would be, because I can tell the difference in my body. I like my muscles. I like how my clothes fit, but most importantly how I feel.

I won’t lie…I LOVE the compliments that have been coming my way, but I also love feeling proud of myself for doing it the old fashioned way…eat right and exercise. I bust my butt in the gym at least 4 days a week, whether it be at CFLS or my company’s weight room and I make an effort to be smart about my food choices.

I’m hoping that someone can be inspired and realize that no matter how busy you are, it CAN be done. I work 2 jobs, run dance competition teams, raise 2 small children, and am a wife, sister, daughter, and friend. So I.AM.BUSY. I get it.

All the best,

Kim

P.S. The attachment is wfs and has the stats on it
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Paleo_Challenge_BeforeAfter_Day_131.pdf (246.2 KB, 67330 views)
Old 05-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Mara Rozitis

Profile:
Re: Paleo Day 131...

Awesome job, Kim! Congratulations! Do you have a favourite Paleo recipe resource?
Old 06-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Kim Thornton

Profile:

I'm loving Paleomg.com....
Old 06-22-2012, 04:42 AM   #4
John C Corona

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Thornton View Post
I'm loving Paleomg.com....
Yeah...she bakes some amazing looking sweets. Caramel Pecan Bars..."omg"...I could care less she calls em paleo...Im making them soooon.

Awesome work removing the baby weight. The discipline you are learning is priceless. The work is never done....keep it up.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
Kim Thornton

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C Corona View Post
Yeah...she bakes some amazing looking sweets. Caramel Pecan Bars..."omg"...I could care less she calls em paleo...Im making them soooon.

Awesome work removing the baby weight. The discipline you are learning is priceless. The work is never done....keep it up.
Thank you!

And yes the Caramel Pecan Bars are DIVINE!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
David Meverden

Profile:

Great stuff, Kim! I love hearing about hard work and perseverance paying off. Good job!