CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 03-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
Eric Cohen

Profile:
Sorry if that title brought anger or fear to anyone. I just thought that if Crossfit is so great for performance, it's practically like steroids, why don't they ban it?

In 3 months time my pullup numbers went from 3 deadhang to 12, and I just learned how to kip (gotta work on that a little more). My deadlift went from a measly 150#, to a more reasonable 260# (hopefully get up to 300 by the end of the year). Bodyweight's mostly stayed the same, was 168#, now 171 3/4# (gaining muscle). I climbed a 20ft rope the first time in my life just a few weeks ago after I made it... with just my hands, no leg support. Handstand push-ups are getting better every day, can almost do 1 with full ROM. The community is a collective full of amazingly intuitive and supportive people. I just want to thank all of you; I look and feel great thanks to everything I've discovered through crossfit, I couldn't ask for more.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:34 AM   #2
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Excellent job Eric, imagine what an animal your going to be at one year!
Old 03-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
Steve Sheffar

Profile:
I have experienced similar results. I hope they never ban Cross Fit. However, if they do I will have to go under ground and do the WOD's there.

Happy training Eric.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:38 AM   #4
Bart Hungenaert

Profile:
Hi eric,

are you also doing the Zone ? I myself do three times a week the WOD and follow a smi-zone eating plan with some supplements.

please tell us more ...

thanks
Bart
Old 04-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #5
James Dent

Profile:

"The community is a collective full of amazingly intuitive and supportive people. I just want to thank all of you; I look and feel great thanks to everything I've discovered through crossfit, I couldn't ask for more."

You couldn't have said it better. Great job on the results Eric.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:41 AM   #6
Kawika Harbottle

Profile:
lol, I've been questioned a number of times about my AAS use. I'm happy to say in return that I have never used any known AAS. Good genetics was always an accepted excuse. But seriously I am sure this is what we all have come to believe that hard work is what we put in and this is what we get out of it. Pretty simple.

I was asked last week about my AAS use. SO far it's been maybe 10 times in the last 15 years (counting since I graduated from high school). lol.

For kicks I have been learning about AAS, types, and proper dosages and usages. There is some interesting stuff to be learned. I can only imagine what someone's numbers would be if they were using AAS to supplement their recovery from CrossFit WODs. Auwe I am not gonna even try.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:53 AM   #7
Frank DiMeo

Profile:
Congrats, Eric, nice work!
Old 09-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #8
Eric Cohen

Profile:
Re: Ban Crossfit?

Hey sorry I never responded, haven't been on the forums in a while. I must say it's been quite a dramatic change since my last post.

Crossfit has been a lifechanging experience for me, I can not stress that enough. I remember when I was about 5 years old, watching the '94 olympics and seeing the determination in all the athletes. Especially Kerri Strug who stuck her landing after spraining her ankle while doing aerials. Anyways, I decided I wanted to be that determined with my body, a forceful raging machine, unstoppable in it's tracks. Growing up I never really had that opportunity since I had asthma most of my childhood and ate fast food 3 times a day. Always carried that determination with me though and tried and tried to get into fitness over the years and just couldn't find my niche in it. Not until crossfit came along when I said "This is the stuff I want to do".

I just timed my first workout today after finally getting a good wristwatch/heartrate monitor (this thing's got interval timers and everything, gonna be awesome for tabatas/fight gone bad/etc.). It was a measly 5k, and a mediocre effort put into it. Managed to get 28:58 for my time, but I know I had an extra 10% in me I could put in and shed off 90 seconds. I can crank out 30 kipping pullups now. Really need to practice my oly lifting since I never seem to do that. Able to do a few full ROM handstand (against wall of course) pushups. Also I've been hanging out with the parkour california crew and am in a more suited physical condition than most of the traceurs I meet. I've just found it amazing how thanks to crossfit I can compare my day with my sister's going doing a conga line at a bar, and think to myself, "Would I have had more fun in that conga line, instead of wedging myself between two walls separated about 7 feet apart and climbing up about 25 feet?" I don't think so.

Bart, sorry for the late reply, but if you ever read this. No I don't follow zone really, I just eat whatever healthy food I can find when I get hungry, was following the paleo strictly for a while but my parents got annoyed with me eating all the fruits and veggies. I stick mostly to water, tea, whole grain stuff, cheeses, little milk, eggs, meat, veggies, walnuts, a little peanut butter, fruits, olive oil, and have unfortunately been somewhat reliant on protein powders to get enough protein my diet. Occasionally I'll pig out on junk, I've got no problem ignoring icky stuff most the time. My bodyweight right now is about 180 lbs. Not sure my BMI or body fat index (I can't tell if I have a six pack or not due to my ancestors being gorillas, and body hair removal just seems like a daunting task...................). I do my best to follow the 3 days on 1 day off rule and have been doing quite a big on grip training, and just managed my first L rope climb the other day, and have managed to hold a few one arm chin negatives.