CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-20-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
Pierre Auge

Profile:
Well folks I've had quite the turbulent few months. I had opened up shop with a top notch fabricator and built some really good quality equipment, I had some great support from a few CrossFitters.

Situation:
After nearly a year of this area having little to no work for experienced trademen they were a dime a dozen. But only two weeks ago the mines went into a hot frenzy and have been hiring every qualified welder and fabricator until at least Christmas. Including mine!!!

So I had to rethink my business model, and this is what I'm doing.

I've started taking my mechanical drawings and simplifying them, I'm writing build instructions so the hobiest welder can put together some great stuff with minimal worry. I'm also removing any of the commercial design properties so these things have minimal parts, hence very simple to assemble. I wont be asking much for the designs, considering the months and months of work I've put into most of these! Much of it is unique and purpose built for CrossFit.

I've had to have two license agreements written: One as a general public license which precludes the production of this stuff for commercial sale.

And a second, purpose written for manufacturers, in which case they would actually receive the mechanical drawings.

At the moment I've only got the drawings for the Squat stands converted and ready. But many others should be coming soon. In fact I never even had the chance to post most of the designs on the old website before everything went to on me. Good lessons learned!

Some things to be expected are as follows and in no particular order:
-Box Jumps
-Spotting Stands (pillars of power equivalent)
-Parallel Bars (attachment for the squat stands)
-Pull-Up Bar (attachment for the squat stands)
-Pull-Up Assist (mechanical)
-Mushroom Trainer

At most I will be asking $20.00 for the more complicated drawings, and probably $5.00 for the very, very simple ones. I'm also hoping this will free up more of my time so I can focus on CrossFit Mobile, and the new job at Gymzone Gymnastics School I start in August(assuming I pass the coaching cert on the 29th-30th), since my time has been poorly spent on Mission Specific endeavors when they should have been focused on CrossFit. I am aware that I may seem flakie, (I so am) but I am dedicated too, thats what I got for this disaster of a thread, take care and thank you!

http://crossfitmobile.com/media/FreeRack.png

Before I leave this I have to thank those who've ordered some of our products I'm very pleased with the results that we turned out, and more so that you guys were so pleased in return. Every compliment we got made the entire project worth while!
Old 07-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
Jerry Walker

Profile:
pierre tried to send you a email it wouldnt go through for some reason,, are your squat stand plans ready? how much and it what form do i pay you? cash cc paypal money order?

jerry
Old 07-21-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
Joseph Hart

Profile:
Pierre,
The parallel bar attachment...How long is it? Have thought about actual parallel bars (gymnastics)? Not ones to do all the hi speed gynastics stuff, but low speed stuff. How tall are your squat stands? How tall does the pull up bar make them? How do they do with kipping? Thought about hooks or brackets that you could use to anchor them to a wall or post for stability in kipping and yet be able to "unhook" them form the wall? Wallball target and pulling sled would be good too. You have a good deal going there.

Good luck with it.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
Pierre Auge

Profile:
Hey guys the plans for the Squat stands are ready, as well as for the box jumps. You can email me at mission_orders@mac.com. And right now its just paypal.

Squat Stands $20.00
Box Jumps $15.00

Joseph the stands are 74 inches (6'2") tall when built to spec. The Pull-Up bar attachment can be raised up to 9 feet also when built to spec.

The pull-up attachment has a much larger base for the stands, making kipping a natural extension of the design. This is not the T.A.P.S these are designed for kipping.

The P-bars are 72 inches (6') long and have an interchangable foot that can be used with the spotting stands as well. The P-Bars can also be attached (daisy chained) between two stands and mounted high to function as a pull-up bar!

I've still got more work to do on converting these plans but as I said the Squat stands and box jumps are ready! I'm also going to try to setup a simple website for this stuff too in order to facilitate this easily!
Old 07-22-2006, 05:21 AM   #5
Pierre Auge

Profile:
take $5.00 off those prices for you american folks and that should work out about right! I figure thats probably more likely. So the prices would be as follows:

Squat Stand $15.00USD
Box Jumps $10.00USD